Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Something Extra

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Something Extra

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 01:23 AM
sandrews
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something Extra

Hey guys, I just got back from the lake trying out my something extra with floats---WHAT A BLAST!!!!!! I had a great time doing take-offs, landings, splash and goes. I went out to a small local lake-it was getting late and only a couple of boats were out, so it was perfect and calm. If you haven't tried float flying, you are definately missing out.

Seth
Old 05-24-2003, 03:02 AM
texasflyer

Default Something Extra

What kind of floats did you use and how did you attach them? I have a blast with my sig and think adding floats would be even more fun. I have a saito 72 and a 13-6 prop. Tons of power.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:59 AM
sandrews
My Feedback: (4)

Default Something Extra

I used the Gee Bee 33" plastic floats. I used the stock landing gear in the front and took the wheels off and used the axels. For the back I cut away a small section of covering and glued two plywood plates in the corners of the former right behind the canopy. I drilled two holes and tapped in out to fit nylon bolts. To take off and attach the floats I just have to remove the two nylon bolts in the near, then put the bolts back in the plug the holes, and I have to remove the front axels, take off the floats, re-attach the axels, then the wheels, then the wheel collars, and all done. The whole process takes about 3 minutes.

Thanks
Seth

P.S. I am running a O.S. 46 FX with an 11 x 6 prop