Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

GP Seawind Owners - I need some help!

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

GP Seawind Owners - I need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:39 PM
SR-71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Seawind Owners - I need some help!

I was in the process of installing Robart Retracts into my GP Seawind when I noticed the main retract assemblies are a bit too long (the wheel over hangs the wheel well by 1/4" to maybe 3/8"). My first thought was there is a problem with the Retract's I contacted Robart and learned the proper length (pivot point to the center of the axle) is 7 inches. Mine measured those two points on my retracts and they were exactly 7 inches. Robart suggested I could cut a portion of the upper retract struts to make them fit but seeing as I now knew the Retracts where the correct length I began to think my wings had been built incorrectly to accept the length of the main retracts. Can any of you GP Seawind owners measure do me a favor and let me know what the distance between the outer most portion of the wheel well, to the inner most part of where the retract attachment point is? Mine measures 9 1/4". Thanks in advance.