Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Super stick 60

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Super stick 60

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Huntermd14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super stick 60

Hello, I have a hangar 9 super stick 60 set up with a magnum 91 fs and it flies awesome and was invited to a float fly in two weeks and would like to take this bird with me. What size floats and what kind should i get for this plane. When i assembled this plane i epoxied a piece of plywood in the fuse for floats anyway. I made it a tail dragger also. I only have two weeks to get it ready so any help would be great.

Thanks
Mike
Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super stick 60

Get a couple of aluminum landing gear legs. Another hanger9 set just like the one on the plane will be good. Stick them to the bottom. Shim the forward one so the fuselage is about 3/8 higher in front. *
40" floats for a .60.
Check with http://www.geocities.com/planefunfloats/ or with http://www.seaplanesupply.com/ for best delivery. Planefun floats come pre-sheeted so you'd just need to cover them and bolt 'em on. The seaplane supply floats >could< be flown nekkid, or covered with packing tape, but they'd pick up lake rash. there's a spine you epoxy in to attach the struts.

*I had a super stik (.40) and it needed the incidence in the floats. Without it, it was hard to take off without a little flaperon deflection. Flew fine.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Huntermd14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super stick 60

Thanks for the sites and the tip. I guess the foam floats are the better choice due to wieght. Will try and get it done in a hurry.

Mike