Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Canadair CL-415 by Nitroplanes

Nitroplanes has up a new Canadair CL-415, 80" span. It comes with a fiberglass fuse making it a very tempting purchase. Anyone have anymore info like assembly, flight characteristics? Has anyone out there bought this plane? Here's the link:

www.nitroplanes.com/cacltw0en80n.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Canadair CL-415 by Nitroplanes

Freddie:Finally someone comes out with a medium sized ARF seaplane about time!!!Sure like to hear more but don't know if should order it already or not.Have a PBY same size to finish first!Will be anxiously waiting tohear more!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seaplane lands and takes off from water.
    Anphibian lands and takes off from water or land!
    The CL-415 is a anphibianand the Do-24T is a seaplane.
    Kits: F11C-2 1:4, Do-24T 1:8, P-3 1:10, Howard 500 1:5, XFY-1 1:4, SR-9 1:4, V-22 1:6, B-25J 1:4, F+W C3603 1:5, B314 1:11, DHC-4 1:10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine Will be a seaplane!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When will your D0-24T be ready???

Meanwhile, this 415 looks interesting...no option for landing gear by the looks of it, which is fine by me.....
    All I ask is for a chance to prove that money can\'t make me happy......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was wondering about landing gear because they say it requires six channel which would normally be flaps and retracts. If they do have retracts I will be getting one.
    carl h stewart jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Do-24T will be ready this summer, she is a seaplane no landing gear. Watch my website a/o Ariaona Model Aircrafters for release and model information.
    Kits: F11C-2 1:4, Do-24T 1:8, P-3 1:10, Howard 500 1:5, XFY-1 1:4, SR-9 1:4, V-22 1:6, B-25J 1:4, F+W C3603 1:5, B314 1:11, DHC-4 1:10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Do-24T will be ready this summer, she is a seaplane no landing gear. Watch my website a/o Ariaona Model Aircrafters for release and model information.
    Yes, I have been watching it....

they say it requires six channel which would normally be flaps and retracts.
    there are a lot of different ways that channels can be assigned. They may have one channel per engine, and one per aileron, or maybe one for water rudder...
    The real one has a complicated articulated gear, I can't see them adding that complication and expense to a value priced arf (compared to the KMP), but I could be wrong..........
    All I ask is for a chance to prove that money can\'t make me happy......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check out the CL 215 model from KMP if you do a comparison of the two you'll see that they are made by the same manufacture . same fuse same wing design same assembly and same parts . should be a great flier. I've got the 215 and its a great flier
    Rick
    Remember flying starts at daylight and temperature don\'\'t matter & most of my planes are yellow in color

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi;rzapp:see you have flown one although different brand.Wondering how they preform on the engine out situation!Presently have PBY they are so good but then there is the P-38.Wonder how the 215 preforms?Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the215 flies great with 2 55's on it at about 1/2 throttle with no bad tendencies . I've only got 4 flights on it now with no flame outs. can't wait for the snow to leave and the lakes to thaw
    Rick
    Remember flying starts at daylight and temperature don\'\'t matter & most of my planes are yellow in color

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[8D] The Canadair CL-415 by Nitroplanes appears not to have wheels and landing gear, but I could be wrong. Why would anyone want to fly this plane from land anyway? Heck, it's a flying boat! Put it in water and go have some real fun! KMP also remarked that they would be coming out with an updated CL-415 to replace their CL-215. KMP's CL-215 also comes with a fiberglass fuse. Possibly the same manufacturer in China? Hmmm, the Nitroplanes CL-415 at $239 is very tempting indeed!! Oh brother, decisions, decisions! Help!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you are interested in scale at all CL-415 is a land base A/C that can operat from the water.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

as i said earlier looking at the parts spread out from nitro and the parts laid out for my kmp cl 215 they are identical except for the changes from 215 to 415 all parts are the same right down to the rudder. it's still a good deal i might order one of these too!! and try to adapt some landing gear to it . the only difference is the name on the box who's marketing it
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[8D]RZapp, How's the construction, parts fit, covering / paint? Is the wing built up balsa and ply? How are the instructions, straight forward, vague? Interested in your impression and feedback.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oopps, sorry RZapp. My guess is you're (were) looking at PICTURES of the parts on Nitroplanes website. My mistake.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no problem fast freddy yes i saw the pictures ..... the construction,parts,fit, covering,and paint are all good. the wing is built up balsa and ply withe exception of some glue joints very well constructed. the instruction were lacking detail. watch out for things done out of order. such as hinging the tail surfaces. read ahead or read thru the whole manual first. i had it all done in six evenings and flying on the seventh day at our float fly. all in all a 9 out of ten.

i just noticed the fuse is exact to mine decals and all with exception of the horizontal tail surfaces check out the kmp cl 215 thread under the multi engine & twin forum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18133.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	1161740  
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[8D] Hey Gents,

In case you didn't notice, I started this same thread over in rc groups and it's moving at warp speed. Lots of photos, and a build thread will start anytime soon. Enjoy!

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016074

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[8D] Hey Rick, You said you're running (2) .55's on your KMP CL-215. Who makes the engines? How many minute flights? I'm debating electric vs. glow as electric can get expensive very fast. Beautiful photo of your 215 on step!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

they are os engines and the flight time was about 10 to 12 minutes per flight on about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle lots of power probably to much but it all worked out weight wise and balance. see more on it here

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6625950/tm.htm

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[8D] Rick, Thanks for the info and link to your build thread. Very informative. Do you think .46 engines would be more than enough to power this plane?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes the .46 engines would be more than enough to power this plane, should be great flying
    Rick