Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Super Kaos Float Plane

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Super Kaos Float Plane

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Super Kaos Float Plane

Here I go again! Another seaplane project.

This is the Super Kaos (60 size) from RCM Magazine plans, and a lazer works short kit. I'm going to use one (1) Flybaby float, also built from RCM plans. (Removed from a deceased 4*60 a couple years back, 34" long) It'll be hung under the centerline using two vertical pieces of 3/8 OD carbon fiber tube, from dragonplate.com. I'm going to use small B&D air retracts near the wingtips to operated retractable tip floats made of pink foam, ala PBY. They'll conform to the length of the plans tips, but will have about twice their "beam" for good floatation. As I'm not really sure how big they actually need to be, I'm going to make them removable so I can experiment before the first flight.

I'm going to mount the vertical fin and rudder on the bottom of the fuse, so that at displacement speeds the air rudder will also be the water rudder. The float step will be about 2" below the end of the fin/rudder so that they will be well clear of the water when the A/C is on plane. I'll add some fin/rudder area in the form of an extension that will go on top of the fuse.

Power will be my old, well broken in Magnum 91 four stroke.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48253.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1315520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78917.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1315521