Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Keeping electronics dry.

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Keeping electronics dry.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Henry111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping electronics dry.

Perhaps Ishould have posted this in the electric section, but Idid not see anything on seaplanes there, so maybe Ican get some advice here.
I am preparing to purchase a Seabee Twin from G&P Sales. This will be a glow to electricconversion. I have no experience with seaplans, so I am very concerned about keeping the electronics drywhile at the same time providing sufficient cooling. As you probably know, the single-engine Seabee is a pusher. But on the twin, the motors (mounted on the wing) face forward in the "normal" fashion. My tentitive plan is to put the batteries in the fuselage, and the ESCs behind the motors in the motor pods. This Seabee twin has a 72" wing span. Any suggestions for keeping "stuff" dry and at the same time provide cooling will be sincerely appreciated.
You can see photos of the model at G&P Sale here:
http://www.rcairplane.net/index3.html

Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Keeping electronics dry.

It's tough to do both, but what i have done is to wrap the electronics in a "tube" of plastic. That is, wrap them loosely with plastic, but leave the ends open so air can flow through.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:27 AM
eyeofra1678

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keeping electronics dry.

tiy this it semes to work good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJRpVQeRjA
but I used liquid electrical tape