Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

I hope you like my SuperCub on Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

I hope you like my SuperCub on Floats

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:06 PM
builttocrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hope you like my SuperCub on Floats

I bought this plane just before going on a camping trip. I was staying in a State Park in South Carolina on a huge lake. This was my second year staying there. Last year the Park Rangers gave me the okay to bring my electric planes to fly. I originally brought a Parkzone SuperCub and had a blast flying it over the lake. I didn't have any floats for it so it was flown off of the shore. This year I was thinking how cool it would be to have a plane on floats. I've never owned one before. I called up Curtis at EasyTiger and was interested in his SuperCub, but I was concerned as one had never adapted any floats to them before. My brother in law (great guy) bought me a set of 60 size floats and said for me to buy the SuperCub and we would see about retrofitting the floats to the Supercub. I had my SuperCub arrive 3 days before heading out to go camping.

I live in Kentucky and was driving out to North Carolina to meet up with my bro-in-law and sister-in-law to go camping in South Carolina. I didn't have any time whatsoever to put this plane together, so I grabbed some plywood and all my tools and I threw the Supercub (still in its box) in the back of my pickup with all my camping gear and heading on out to N.C.

We then shot on down to SouthCarolina and began putting this plane together down there! It took two full afternoons to put it together including adapting the float kit to this plane.

Believe it or not, this float kit almost bolted straight up to this the plane with absolutely NO problems.

Here is my only video of my flying this beautiful bird. This plane flys awesome! Keep in mind, this is my first time owning this large of a plane and more importantly, first time flying off of water!

I've never done this so don't beat me up for my flying!

Here ya go! And thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dntqz0g978&feature=player_embedded

Old 12-23-2009, 11:31 PM
corsair-wb

Default RE: I hope you like my SuperCub on Floats

Looks like a great flight hope you have many more with it on the water
Old 12-24-2009, 04:08 PM
builttocrash

Thanks, Ihave a lake by my house. Hopefully the park will let me fly it in there.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:27 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: builttocrash

Thanks, I have a lake by my house. Hopefully the park will let me fly it in there.
Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
Old 12-25-2009, 07:00 PM
builttocrash

LOL! They are like security watchmen patroling the lake like crazy. I've thought about that, but Ifigure if Iask nice enough, Imight have a better chance at being able to continue to fly there.