Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

1/4 Scale H9 Cub on H9 Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

1/4 Scale H9 Cub on H9 Floats

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Default 1/4 Scale H9 Cub on H9 Floats

Is anybody flying the PNP H9 Cub on the H9 floats? There doesn't seem to be much info online about people flying this setup.

What I have seen is people say it basically has enough power to fly scale-like with the stock motor off the ground.

So I'm wondering if on floats it's really underpowered?

Anybody flying it?

Are the H9 floats any better than when they first came out quality wise?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
snaprollinsb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 Scale H9 Cub on H9 Floats

Ifly the 1/4 scale PNPcub on floats and it does just great. The G20ei has plenty of power for take off then i pull it back to about 30% power for cruise. Mines weighs in at 22 pounds, and it is just fine. Ifilled the bottommy floats with Great Stuff expanding foam, and they seem to be doing just fine.

Be careful though, water does get into the floats, but Ihave since solved the water issue by sealing the floats with silicon around the cross beam supports that connect each float.

I'm thinking about adding a drain plug on the rear of each float just to be safe. Horizon has some drain plugs that are put on the back of their boats.

Happy flying.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:32 AM
CarPainter
My Feedback: (1)

The a G20 shold be fine. I flew my ARFon floats with a G26and had gobs of power left over. I had the 26 to be able to tow up gliders and it wasable to haul a 10 lb. 4 meterwith no problem.

Good luck
Old 02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

I fly mine on floats with an Evolution 26 and it's more than enough power. Usually fly around at just about 1/2 throttle. I would assume the G-20 should haul her around on floats just fine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56389.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1388036