Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Clipped Wing Cub on Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Clipped Wing Cub on Floats

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 03:11 AM
niceorange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clipped Wing Cub on Floats

I thought I'd post some pictures of my Cub, before it flys its maiden flight.

-World Models 63" Clipped Wing Piper Cub
-OS .46FX with a 13x7APC and a Pitts Muffler
-Futaba TSXA with 6 servos (1-elevator, 1-rudder, 2-ailerons/flaperons, 1-throttle, 1-glow driver switch)
-Custom painted/ balsawood interior with voltwatch and visible fuel tank
-Foam Floats built as per Chuck Cunningham
-Switch/Charger port
-Great Planes quick fuel fill port
-Onboard Glow battery. I can turn it on with the gear switch, and if I turn on my programs, it will automatically come on below half throttle, and off above. Also, if the onboard battery was to die, there is a port on the left side of the fuselage for a regular glow starter. This is also the charge port for the onboard cell.

Tommorow I hope to get some shots outside before I send the digital camera home!

My Photo Gallery
Old 07-24-2003, 09:56 AM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks great. Let's go fly it. I'll teach you how to taxi without water rudders.

With MY onboard glow, I found that I only need it at idle. I fly around at 1/3 throttle all the time anyway, so I would have a flat glo battery before I was ready to quit anyway.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:01 AM
niceorange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by JimCasey
It looks great. Let's go fly it. I'll teach you how to taxi without water rudders.

With MY onboard glow, I found that I only need it at idle. I fly around at 1/3 throttle all the time anyway, so I would have a flat glo battery before I was ready to quit anyway.
Thanks Jim, if I was down in Florida i'd definitely be looking you up!

The onboard system I set up kicks on below about a half, but thats only an option. If I shut the mix off I can just control it manually if it feels like it wants to die out. For the most part, in bench testing the 46 has been reliable, although the low speed needle isnt quite right, and it does stutter a bit if you nail the gas. For me its not an issue, as im not flying 3d or anything which requires big throttle work. I put the glow driver in to help it run smooth at low rpms, and to prevent a dead stick before I get comfortable on this one.