Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Cad plans for floats?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Cad plans for floats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Spiteful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cad plans for floats?

I'm going to make my first set of floats, and I was just wondering if anyone have made a set of plans for a CAD program that I could use as a template. I am new to working with CAD, and I'm trying to teach myself how to work with it. So if anyone could help me out it would serve a dual purpose :-)

TIA
Old 07-25-2003, 05:37 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default Cad plans for floats?

Here's a simple sheet built, flat bottomed float that is very similar to Mitch Poling's Aquasport from an old Model Aviation mag. I scaled them down for a .15 powered aircraft a few years ago and they worked GREAT! The attached .dxf is scaled down for .049 power at 20.25" long but you can scale them up or down in CAD as needed. You'll have to add the mounting hardware and final details as you see fit but the shape is accurate and will work well.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip
96394_7026.zip (9.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Spiteful

Default Thank you

Thank you very much for your help.

These are very good templates. My floats are going to be vee bottomed but the side view is the same so....

Looking forward to lifting off my local lake.