Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Seaplanes and copilots

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Seaplanes and copilots

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 11:04 PM
wakewatcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seaplanes and copilots

I'm interested in using a wing leveling device for flying over water. I'm incoporating it with a gps flight control system. (http://www.u-nav.com/pdc10.html). I just converted an old lt40 from fixed to floats. (Used the falcon floats which are marginally long enough in my opinion but that's another story.) Turns out that my LT40 had a Futaba PA2 on it for letting the neighborhood kids have more fun flying. Anyway as advertised it doesn't work very well over water. So anyway was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the FMA Direct Copilot. Thx -steve-
Old 07-26-2003, 09:26 AM
dinosaur454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seaplanes and copilots

I was told last year by Hal DeBolt himself that the fma co-pilot works over water. He had done a review on it and I e-mailed him and asked if it would work over water and snow. He wasn't sure about the snow since he hasn't seen any in 20 years or so. Later I got an e-mail from someone in fma who said it would work over both. I havn't tried it personally, though.