Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

SUPER ICON A-5, FULLY AMPHIBIOUS FROM EASYTIGER MODELS

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

SUPER ICON A-5, FULLY AMPHIBIOUS FROM EASYTIGER MODELS

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Fast Freddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPER ICON A-5, FULLY AMPHIBIOUS FROM EASYTIGER MODELS

[8D] Well here it is, the ICON A-5, fully amphibious seaplane from www.easytigermodels.com The plane is big, 70" ws! And the video looks pretty good. And it rolls right into and out of water with its own retracts to boot! My only issue, I wish it were fiberglass instead of foam to stand up to the rigors of flying off water. Check it out and if anyone has any real experience with it please post here.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:11 PM
vallawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SUPER ICON A-5, FULLY AMPHIBIOUS FROM EASYTIGER MODELS

I have no experience with that model, but I am very pleased with two large warbirds I have from Easy Tiger Models.  Thumbs up for sure.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SUPER ICON A-5, FULLY AMPHIBIOUS FROM EASYTIGER MODELS

I have the kit version, no electronics on the way, through a friend in China. Looks like it will be about $114 to my door. I am part of someone elses container shipment, so this is not a generally availble deal.

As I recall, the kit can also be had for about 86 bucks from China, plus EMS shipping or similar, which runs about 73 bucks,....large kit!

I think I can outfit it with better equipment than the PnP version the ETM sells, fror less money.

Early reports over in the RCG discussion thread on this model are mostly positive. Some minor issues include the retracts: tough to rig, as they use a single servo for all three retracts, but the needed throw on the nose gear is different than the mains. The sponsons are a little small for any wind conditions (sponsons never scale very well). One kit came with a undersized thin tube wing spar, and it failed in flight.

Foam is ot a bad way to go for a seaplane. If you want the durability of glass, it is not hard to glass the foam.