Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM soon to release a new F16 PNP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM soon to release a new F16 PNP

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default BVM soon to release a new F16 PNP

This last weekend at monster planes I got to see BVMs new F16. What a great flying plane. Was very light and well built. Looked to be 1/6 scale and was powered with a cheeta and it had more then enough power with it. The high alpha passes where very slow and stable. The F16 also did knife edge pretty well. The gear was stout with good dampening. The air valve's where under the nose cone and easy to get to so you could swing the gear with out turning power on just be pushing the valve's in the nose.

The plane is still a work in progress but as is was very impressive. The nav lights come pre installed and its truly add your turbine and receiver and go fly. I am sure allot more info will be out soon on it. But its nice to see a new airframe from BVM. Like all their planes they are testing everything and putting it through its paces before releasing it to the open market.

Dustin had the lower fins for it but left them off for the grass runway. Also was nice seeing the gear doors and gear work every time perfect on an F16. The gear doors on an F16 can be a pain and they worked great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5661.jpg
Views:	1669
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	1934003  
Old 10-28-2013, 07:20 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks really good, any idea of the price range? Also what about speed brakes options / parachute / opening canopy / ejection seat (ok maybe no ejection seat...). Always wanted a scale BVM plane but they all seemed to be from the vientnam war erra so this might be it!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:28 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw it at BiTW, it was very light and seemed to fly great.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

They flew it many times at BITW but I just assumed it was a 1/6th Skymaster??
Vin...
Old 10-28-2013, 08:22 AM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow, 1/6 scale! That's a huge size for BVM! Its hard to tell from that pic to see any stereotypical BVM "likedness" if you will!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:30 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Is it a new jet from BVM then or is it the skymaster one? Is it all composite or wood built wings like the F86?

Reason I ask is it isn't clear if this is a new BVM jet or if it's a Skymaster that they're doing extra work on like installing lights etc. And how far along is PNP? Does it have all servo's installed just needing turbine and receiver or?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Oops...I misread the size. I thought 1/8. 1/6 - that's a big bird but PNP from BVM - you know its going to be good. So....I have my name on the preorder list! And yes...all composite.

Dean W.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:09 AM
gunradd

Its a BVM F16. Not a skymaster.

I got to see a few pics of the construction and its built just like a bandit inside the way the wings where made with the ply ribs. Its a solid plane for sure. The plane is PNP so all servos linkage's are done and ready to go. Looking forward to hearing more from BVM on this one. But like always they wont say much until its 100% ready and perfect.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:33 AM
bluescoobydoo

just what we need another f16 and at bvm prices, there are other to choose from
Old 10-28-2013, 09:33 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good news. I will def. be interested in buying one.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 AM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a chance to fly it at BITW. Very impressive.
It weighs something like 28 pounds or so, so it has more than 1to1 with a Cheetah. Perfect combo.

I just did one flight, but it felt like my 20th flight on the airplane. Really easy to fly and land, very predictable on High Alpha and with enough power to exit high alpha without losing altitude.

There will definitely be one in my fleet!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Cool is it electric and turbine?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 AM
gunradd

its 1/6 scale and turbine Matt. 30 lbs is plenty for it because its built so light.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahhh... Finally! An F-16 built the right way ... with no worries.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:16 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
This last weekend at monster planes I got to see BVMs new F16. What a great flying plane. Was very light and well built. Looked to be 1/6 scale and was powered with a cheeta and it had more then enough power with it. The high alpha passes where very slow and stable. The F16 also did knife edge pretty well. The gear was stout with good dampening. The air valve's where under the nose cone and easy to get to so you could swing the gear with out turning power on just be pushing the valve's in the nose.

The plane is still a work in progress but as is was very impressive. The nav lights come pre installed and its truly add your turbine and receiver and go fly. I am sure allot more info will be out soon on it. But its nice to see a new airframe from BVM. Like all their planes they are testing everything and putting it through its paces before releasing it to the open market.

Dustin had the lower fins for it but left them off for the grass runway. Also was nice seeing the gear doors and gear work every time perfect on an F16. The gear doors on an F16 can be a pain and they worked great.
I have video of this F-16 but I think another company is making it. They flew it a lot, the guy who brought it was an American who actually lives in China and oversees quality control in the Chinese factory. I wonder if he connected with BV at Best In the West...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
just what we need another f16 and at bvm prices, there are other to choose from
Yup, there are lesser quality kits with even lesser service out there.

And I agree about the choice of aircraft. F-16??!! There are a million of them! How about an ARF of their F-100?

That said, if I'm ever in the market for an F-16, this will be the one.

It will be engineered beautifully, the retracts will work, there will be awesome instructions, I can call up Dustin or Uncle Bob directly and, ofcourse, I can call Patty right up and give her my money anytime I want!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Wap4life

I want one! after the mibo a-10.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
Its a BVM F16. Not a skymaster.

I got to see a few pics of the construction and its built just like a bandit inside the way the wings where made with the ply ribs. Its a solid plane for sure. The plane is PNP so all servos linkage's are done and ready to go. Looking forward to hearing more from BVM on this one. But like always they wont say much until its 100% ready and perfect.
Horizon must have made serious money doing PNP on foam is so why not apply this to Jets? If its well done, I bet there is a market and it may just be the differentiator that is needed to compete.

PaulD
Old 10-28-2013, 04:50 PM
husafreak

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I saw this plane fly at least a dozen times in the 2 days I spent at BITW. My dream plane is an SM F-16 so I was very interested. I asked about it on Friday and the guys flying it said it is receiver ready with air gear, servos (Chinese manufacture JR quality), and lighting factory installed. The factory pilot told me they went from crate to flight with it in 13 hours there at at BITW. I was told they had another and I could have it for 6 grand. I thought the guy said it was a company called Premier in Hong Kong but I can't find it on the web. It is a very light 1/6 scale and flew with authority on a Cheetah. By day two all the BVM guys were having a go with it and everyone was smiling and posing with it. I especially enjoyed seeing Jack fly it as I have seen him fly his F-100/Mig-15/Rafale dozens of times and he was wringing out that F-16 within minutes. I knew something was up! During tear down on Saturday I got to see a bit more of it. The fellows said "no honeycomb"! The vertical fin (aluminum tube?) post supports clearly slid into CNC aluminum mounting fixtures in the fuselage, it looked very high tech, more like you would see on an R/C heli than anything molded in China. The tech (who admitted to being the fellow flying the "Windrider" B-737 in their promo videos) was able to retract the gear for shipping by pressing buttons on the electronic gear valves in the removed nose cone, no need to turn on the radio. It was all very impressive, but I am not willing to be the test pilot for this new product. I'll let the BVM boys wring it out. I did overhear that the price went up a bit, I guess BVM is not going to import, distribute, and support them for free, rats! If this jet continues to perform as admirably and dependably as it did at BITW I will not hesitate to acquire one in the future.

Last edited by husafreak; 10-28-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So it sounds more like BV is not going to manafacture this jet, just be a distributor for it?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:50 PM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I bet it only costs $15,000 too.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Javier-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Do you know if Mr Violett will need a kidney?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You know what.. It really irks me when people start talking trash about a BVM jet because they don't like the price. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It really isn't necessary to disparage a company just because YOU wouldn't spend the money for it.

The one thing you know from BVM is he'll have gone through every inch of it, tested the hell out of it, and will stand behind it.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 PM
dribbe

Hi,
I did the maiden flights on this one... It set up really fast.... (we got the box/PNP in from Asia on Thursday evening and had it flying by noon on Friday).
Servos/Linkages/Air valves, pretty much all done for you.
I think we build up maybe a dozen or more flights Friday and Saturday (BITW).
It is really easy to get comfortable with largely due to it's light weight and vice free handling. It felt real good on the first flight and I tweaked on it for a flight or two before we passed the box to a bunch of guys.
The lights are very bright... can be seen in the day and are spectacular at dusk.
It has a fair bit of foam core in the fuselage.... and is quite stiff and light.
Smaller motor uses less fuel, so it feel light even at takeoff....
I think the price will be quite reasonable for what you will get!

Regards,
David

Last edited by dribbe; 10-28-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds great David.

Now if only someone would kit your new Mig-15. To be honest though, I do with BV would come out with a new airframe. The same ones from nearly every manufacturer doesn't leave a lot of variety out there. I keep hoping he's got an F-8U or F-84F hidden away in the design labs in FL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.