Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tank work Done in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 04:53 AM
hitman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tank work Done in NJ

Hello:

I have a Taigen Tiger. I would like to get some work done locally if possible. I want to have the TK22 board installed. I want to have a super smoker I bought installed and I am going to buy the Gear box from Hobby Raw 0902 for the Taigen Tiger. Is their anyone Local who does really good work I can drive my tank too? I have heard of guys before but when I try to contact them I hear nothing. If there is someone lets exchange numbers and make it happen, otherwise I have to UPS all my stuff to Upstate NY...Thank You..
Old 08-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Green Amphibian

I don't know if he is back from vacation, but try here: Bob's RC Tank Command

Herman
Old 08-01-2014, 06:47 AM
godowar

Hitman,

This doesn't answer your question, but who is the tankxpert in Upstate NY? (Location)?

Thanks,
GoW
Old 08-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Rustytrax

Is there a particular reason you aren't installing these items (super smoker aside)? It would give you valuable hands on experience so that you can fix issues as they occur.
Also we do have some "fun runs" near Philly and that might be a good place for you to learn the mechanics of your tank.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:16 AM
hitman1

Very nice guy that is on the web from here...http://www.radiocontrolcustomtanks.com/

I rather not ship all my stuff upstate but by next Friday he will have it if I can not find a real expert her. I gave Bob my phone number still havenot heard from him. Just want to get this tank where I want so I can show my 90 year old father who was in World war two by Labor day.

I am also looking for a upgrade to the gun for the tank but no one is making tank gun upgrades? I see where the best BB shooters are electric but we are still using springs??
Old 08-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Baliw

As a fellow rookie who's been diving into the electronics and parts past two nights on my own tank, I agree with Rustytrax; I think getting your hands on the tinkering is part of the fun and will get you prepared to look at your tank for when it breaks on the field or what not. It looks daunting now but multiple sources on the internet, web stores that sell the TK, and really helpful people here would probably get you through.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:19 AM
hitman1

also i would not mind if someone near by had the time to show me some things. I am just busy so I need some one close and some of the work..installing TK22 board and getting another controller is beyond me. I can add oil to a car and change a flat tire. That is about it for me....
Old 08-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Rustytrax

FYI electric airsoft still uses a spring. A motor just turns a gear set that compresses the spring and then the stored energy in spring is released. That pushes a piston, compressing air, which forces the BB out of the barrel. This is similar to the Tank but the air seal isn't very efficient.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:31 AM
hitman1

See this why I need some help HAHAHA
Old 08-01-2014, 07:31 AM
hitman1

I saw the web site with Bob's info. Called left a message...
Old 08-01-2014, 07:32 AM
hitman1

Also anyone selling a improved BB gun for Taigen tank let me know.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:39 AM
hitman1

I still have not heard back from BOB?? I called left message and sent text....
Old 08-03-2014, 05:43 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hitman1
I still have not heard back from BOB?? I called left message and sent text....

Bob took his family on a 3 week road trip through Europe. He should be back soon.

He also runs NEAD, which is an IR battle group in Northern NJ. We're overdue for a battleday soon, even if you aren't into the IR scene, it would be worthwhile to stop by with your tanks. You'd get a ton of help and answers to your questions and get to see some beautiful finished tanks as well. Bob usually has a loaner ot two with him, so you could also jump in. The battles are in a park field off of 17 near the NY border.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:12 AM
hitman1

OK thanks for info....
Old 08-03-2014, 06:44 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might be able to help is you want to come over to westwood nj.....I have a couple tanks with clark boards I am working on.....non of this stuff is really hard, I might be able to show you how to do your own work.

scott
Old 08-03-2014, 05:32 PM
FreakyDude

hitman if mustclime can't help you drop me a line. installing the TK boards are a piece of cake. easier than fixing a flat
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys,

I just got back from my family European vacation. It was spectacular. Martin and I had a blast. I am quickly scanning RCU tonight. I am unpacking my WW II booty and new RC tank item I bought while there. I have about 175 emails for RC tanks and such, I also have a full answering machine too...LOL. I am sorting thru them now. I just updated my website http://www.rctankcommand.com/ and listed a few items on EBay too http://www.ebay.com/sch/thecommander...p2047675.l2562 . The NEAD guys are a very helpful lot and will help anyone.I will be glad to help you. I am in north Jersey, but go all over. I will PM you my number too. I look forward to talking with you and plan on a NEAD event in early September near Paramus/Westwood. NEAD will also be running the November 3 day battleweekend event at Danville which is still going as planned.

Last edited by thecommander; 08-11-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:12 AM
hitman1

Hello BOB..called twice and sent you text. Looking forward to hearing from you. Oh yes please PM if you have another number I can get in touch with you by, I have been using 201 number on your website.

Last edited by hitman1; 08-12-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: add
Old 08-12-2014, 04:07 PM
thecommander

Originally Posted by hitman1
Hello BOB..called twice and sent you text. Looking forward to hearing from you. Oh yes please PM if you have another number I can get in touch with you by, I have been using 201 number on your website.
This is a hard line phone at my home so texting is NG. I am home now...please leave a number with your message if I can't answer. I just cleared all the messages off. I will be up until 11 PM tonight answering calls and emails as well as packing orders for ETO customers.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thecommander
This is a hard line phone at my home so texting is NG. I am home now...please leave a number with your message if I can't answer. I just cleared all the messages off. I will be up until 11 PM tonight answering calls and emails as well as packing orders for ETO customers.
Bob I know you just got back, I want to buy a Fatuba set up from you If you could pm or email me when you have a free moment . Cheers Mark
Old 08-16-2014, 07:19 PM
thecommander

Originally Posted by Markocaster
Bob I know you just got back, I want to buy a Fatuba set up from you If you could pm or email me when you have a free moment . Cheers Mark
I'm glad we got your emails sorted out. No problem if you can't call me tonight. Call me tomorrow and I will answer all questions for you Mark.

In the mean time....here is a short video of the radio in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYwb...m45MJ47wobWY2g

...and a second one too on a recently finished Pzr IV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYQ...m45MJ47wobWY2g

And a link to my website's radio page: http://www.rctankcommand.com/tank-radios.html

Last edited by thecommander; 08-16-2014 at 07:33 PM.