Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

damaged 140g turbine brand new and no help from kingtech

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

damaged 140g turbine brand new and no help from kingtech

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:53 PM
fidel castrol
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry damaged 140g turbine brand new need parts

I have a brand new 140 g with 5 min on it and I had an elevator failure which caused jet to crash turbine is not badly damaged and cant get any parts from kingtech they won't sell me parts to repair it

Last edited by fidel castrol; 09-03-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:43 PM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Send it back will be fixed for minimal cost.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:59 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fidel castrol
they won't sell me parts to repair it
I think you'll find this to be the case with most turbine manufacturers these days. If it's minor damage, the repair bill should not be too bad and you'll still have your warranty in tact.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:44 PM
kmrcjets

dear fidel Castrol
kingtech will bend over backwards to help. if you look at other posts here the recommendation is after any crash get kingtech to check out the turbine to make sure you have no more other serious problems internally. this would be very wise thing to do. barry and the repair boy's will make sure it's as good as new. in Australia we send any damaged turbines back to the factory to be repaired
regards
ken
kingtech oz
Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 AM
fidel castrol

I already sent it to kingtech and repair cost were to much they were as much as the turbine I have 3 of there turbines and I had hoped to get better service then I did at the end they offered me a 10% discount and they keep my old turbine to offset the discount cause some parts were still good not really a discount considering I got that discount when I bought it
Old 08-28-2014, 05:57 AM
kmrcjets

hi fidel if barry is offering ten percent discount for a new turbine it would mean your turbine is beyond repair
ken
Old 08-28-2014, 06:02 AM
fidel castrol

I have the turbine back and looked at by a third party and it is not as bad as they claimed
Old 08-28-2014, 06:08 AM
fidel castrol

Not here to bash kingtech great turbines but they are not the only ones in the world who can fix turbines they sell product they should sell parts to fix there product and yes there are many unqualified people to work on them but there many that are qualified and have the tools and equipment to do it correctly
Old 08-28-2014, 06:14 AM
kmrcjets

hi fidel I'm sorry that your turbine was damaged. but you cant get parts. only certified kingtech repairers are the only ones that can get parts for repairs
it's a warranty issue. the third party that you speak of how would he know what it's worth to fix it if he does not know what said parts are worth
ken
Old 08-28-2014, 12:34 PM
HeavyMo

First of all your title is misleading cause a crashed turbine is not" brand new"
Secondly what exactly are the qualifications of your third party, cause just maybe it's just a big knowitall expert full of BS
Old 08-28-2014, 12:57 PM
fidel castrol

I'm not here to argue about kingtech I would just like to be able to buy some parts to repair my turbine and there is no point bashing anyone on here cause no one knows anyone's qualifications
Old 08-28-2014, 01:02 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I can't imagine Fidel Castro is your real name, so for now, I'm just gonna call you Brian Dias. Look Brian, Vera forgot to charge you for Dirk's $50 inspection fee before sending the engines back to you, and I was going to just write it off and take care of Dirk, but since you brought this up, Vera is going to be invoicing you shortly and I can't stop her.

We are very sorry for your loss due to the crash, but Here at KingTech, we never support DIY repairs or upgrades for any engine that requires re-balancing.

Regards,
Barry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_163135_resized.jpg
Views:	1759
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	2026734   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_163145_resized.jpg
Views:	1691
Size:	597.6 KB
ID:	2026735   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_163202_resized.jpg
Views:	1735
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	2026736   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_163229_resized.jpg
Views:	1616
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	2026737   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_163247_resized.jpg
Views:	1561
Size:	571.0 KB
ID:	2026738   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_163307_resized.jpg
Views:	1535
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	2026739   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_163046_resized.jpg
Views:	2113
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	2026740   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_162941_resized.jpg
Views:	1625
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	2026741  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_162926_resized.jpg
Views:	1813
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	2026742  
Old 08-28-2014, 01:39 PM
jgracco

The guy racks a new motor and you want to charge him 50 bucks to tell him what is wrong...??? Nice.. remind me not to buy a motor from Kingtech. what does balancing have to do with anything. There are many people that can balance a turbine.

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Since I can't imagine Fidel Castro is your real name, so for now, I'm just gonna call you Brian Dias. Look Brian, Vera forgot to charge you for Dirk's $50 inspection fee before sending the engines back to you, and I was going to just write it off and take care of Dirk, but since you brought this up, Vera is going to be invoicing you shortly and I can't stop her.

We are very sorry for your loss due to the crash, but Here at KingTech, we never support DIY repairs or upgrades for any engine that requires re-balancing.

Regards,
Barry
Old 08-28-2014, 01:54 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jgracco
The guy racks a new motor and you want to charge him 50 bucks to tell him what is wrong...??? Nice.. remind me not to buy a motor from Kingtech. what does balancing have to do with anything. There are many people that can balance a turbine.
It takes at least one hour for Dirk to take the engine apart and to itemize and to document all that needs to be replaced, and Vera at the computer to write up the estimate. $50 inspection fee is what we charge but absorbed if the work is given the go ahead, since the time and effort spent will be put towards completing the work. If you think this is unreasonable while wishing to balance and repair a turbine at the location of your choice, then for you, please look elsewhere for a turbine engine.

Thanks,
Barry
Old 08-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by jgracco
I don't currently own a KingTech... so I have no stake in defending anyone.

BUT....

1) Barry has an excellent reputation in the RC jet community. If you decide to not buy one of his engines... that's up to you.

2) Barry WAS NOT going to charge the OP... but since he came here and started to bash Barry, and KingTech... he's now going to stick to his guns, and change an hour labor for the inspection.

3) Since a crash is in NO WAY a warranty situation... you can't expect the service to be free. (would you work for free if someone was trying to screw your reputation, when it's not your fault??)

Fidel: You have 5 posts to your name... do you really think that this forum will take your serious? AND... There aren't any turbine manufactures that will sell parts anymore, so I'm not sure why you think coming here, and bashing KingTech will get you what you want.

I'm going to tell you, that same thing that I tell my 3 year old kid... "you don't get anything if you cry."

From the pictures that Barry posted... the only things that may be OK are the hot end. (NGV, Turbine wheel, combustion chamber, and tail cone ?) With the destruction of the front the way it is... I'll assume the shaft, tunnel, and bearings are also shot.

Anyway....

Barry... I wouldn't worry too much. The guys here know you, and know you aren't being unreasonable. We know you help when people are reasonable. AND... when I see a guy with 5 posts, teem up with a guy with only 56 posts.... they haven't earned any credentials here.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:25 PM
fidel castrol

U can post all the pics u want funny how u don't talk about u charging me for parts that aren't even broken such as the fuel pump circuit board with the solenoids on it and I am not here bashing kingtech at all if u could read u would see that I have said nothing bad about kingtech and I never said I expected it to be under warranty the turbine didn't fail so don't cloud the issue with things that were never said all I asked for was the parts to repair my turbine be sold to me that's it
Old 08-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a brand new 140 g with 5 min on it and I had an elevator failure which caused jet to crash turbine is not badly damaged and cant get any help from kingtech they won't sell me parts to repair it
The turbine is not badly damaged? What a crock. Nobody in their right mind would sell you parts to repair that. You are the kind of customer that they don't need. Kudos to Kingtech for doing the right thing.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:31 PM
fidel castrol

Barry u never said anything about any service charge for inspecting the turbine not once in any of our conversations did u mention it the only reason u are mentioning it is cause I came on here and said something about u not selling me parts that's it and this guy Dr Honda can't even read plain English I never said anything bad about kingtech our u warranting my turbine by your inspection is flawed that's all I am saying
Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 PM
sherlockshah

I had a problem with my engine. It was returned to me within two weeks. at no charge. I did not crash though, my point is the service was good. I own two of them right now 140g and 180g. I have 50 flights on my F-16 with the 180g in it. NEVER had a flame out or any problems and oh did i mention HAULS major ass!!!
THEY cant sell the parts, what if its put together wrong and blows up, it may turn out to be worse than couple grand for the motor.
U are in a high risk and expensive hobby, THINGS happen just have to move forward.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:01 PM
fidel castrol

I also have a 100 and 180 from them they are great turbines I would gladly buy another one today
Old 08-28-2014, 04:29 PM
xoxomeowmixoxo

Hi Brian: Barry didn't mention about the $50 inspection fee because he did not know that I forgot to charge you before sending it back to you and I didn't notice my mistake until I went back to your record when you brought up this issue.

Vera Y.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:53 PM
fidel castrol

Ok but it's funny how he never said anything now because I brought this up u want to charge me if I kept my mouth shut u wouldn't charge me funny how that works
Old 08-28-2014, 04:56 PM
fidel castrol

Originally Posted by Lownverted
The turbine is not badly damaged? What a crock. Nobody in their right mind would sell you parts to repair that. You are the kind of customer that they don't need. Kudos to Kingtech for doing the right thing.
Funny that kingtech was willing to fix it and put parts in it so obviously u have no idea what u are talking so why don't u just sit this one out till maybe something comes up that u know about
Old 08-28-2014, 05:03 PM
rrembert

Not here to bash kingtech great turbines but they are not the only ones in the world who can fix turbines they sell product they should sell parts to fix there product and yes there are many unqualified people to work on them but there many that are qualified and have the tools and equipment to do it correctly
Just out of curiosity, which of the other turbine manufacturers do you think would sell you the parts to fix it yourself? I'm very curious...Really..!

I agree with HeavyMo...the title of "your" thread is misleading at best. Additionally, in post #16, (your post) you state "I have said nothing bad about kingtech"...seems to me that your title says something bad about Kingtech. Or at least imply's it.

I think your posts are the only ones I've ever read that have something disparaging to say about Kingtech. I have however read vast amounts of praise about Barry and his organization.

I hope you'll reply...at least to my question...

Last edited by rrembert; 08-28-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added a sentence
Old 08-28-2014, 05:16 PM
sportflya
My Feedback: (21)

+1 to rrembert. I have first hand knowledge and experience that NO turbine manufacturer will sell parts where the owner or third-party is to do their own repair. I have had them all except ram engines. Barrys service is high quality and will not defraud you/us the customers. He has too much at stake by not doing the right thing. I hope you find a resolution to your issue..... but bashing kingtech ie bad brand new engine is not right! In my humble opinion I currently own a k 140 flawless

Last edited by sportflya; 08-28-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.