Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen metal t-34 chassis arrived

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen metal t-34 chassis arrived

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Taigen metal t-34 chassis arrived

I received this today from Immortal hobbies, and the hull and gear box assembly are very nice.

However how do you attach the Plastic HL wheels. The metal suspension does not have an axle for the wheels to spin on. Erik /Curtis. Can you let me know what I need to get this thing rolling on the HL plastic wheels.

Thanks

Last edited by YHR; 09-30-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Question

Uh, what? No pics? No videos? What kind of thread is this?

At least tell us how much they'll set us back!!

Jeff
Old 09-30-2014, 05:33 PM
YHR

All in with Taxes and shipping it was $179 can.

For this you get a hull with a metal insert, metal suspension and the Taigen step down gear boxes that look great. I will take some pictures
Old 09-30-2014, 07:04 PM
YHR

Here are the pictures. The quality of this tub is there. Top notch, Just wish I could find out how to put wheels on it.

Too bad the Metal Sherman is already done. If they could have used this same idea for Sherman outdrives we could have had some real nice scale 3 piece tranny covers running around.

I have no complaints, it is a solid offering, but wish they would have packaged something with it to allow you to use the factory Heng long wheels. If they did I would have had this running around already.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020650.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	2036468   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020651.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	2036469   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020652.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	2036470   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020653.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	2036471   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020655.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	2036472  
Old 09-30-2014, 07:31 PM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yoiu need the hardware, see what we can get for you. hang tight for a bit please
Old 09-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought I had read Erik state that there are axles for both the Taigen wheels and regular HL wheels. Maybe they only come separately with those packages?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:13 PM
YHR

Yes I will wait for the wheel hardware. First out of the gate you expect this. Suggest that hardware for reinstalling the Heng Long wheels is part of the package. For people buying this upgrade they are going to want run wheels

Cheers
Old 10-01-2014, 03:55 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That really looks like a winner. If I didn't already have the converted Trump lower, that would be my choice to go under the SU-100 or any of the Trumpeter uppers.

No excuses gentlemen, it should start looking like Kursk around here.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:09 AM
YHR

Yes, Tamiya has nothing over this hull set up. Gear boxes have steel gears, bearings on the output shaft and they are smooth running when I applied power. If I could put wheels on it I would have tested them and commented on the final gear ratio
Old 10-01-2014, 07:29 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by YHR
Yes, Tamiya has nothing over this hull set up. Gear boxes have steel gears, bearings on the output shaft and they are smooth running when I applied power. If I could put wheels on it I would have tested them and commented on the final gear ratio
Tamiya don't do a t34, however the similarly configured Pershing is similarly robust! I'm looking forward to seeing these in the uk. Look very good.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ausf
No excuses gentlemen, it should start looking like Kursk around here.
I'm workin' on it, Ausf!! This one was at Kursk.

What? You mean Russian tanks? Yeah, yeah, we'll get around to it.

Name:	100_2473.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	2036526  
Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 PM
YHR

Originally Posted by tomhugill
Tamiya don't do a t34, however the similarly configured Pershing is similarly robust! I'm looking forward to seeing these in the uk. Look very good.

I am aware Tamiya doesn't do a T-34. I was referring to the Tamiya Hulls in General. Just a state of where the current market is heading..

Having said that, this is not cheap either so I would expect as much from a product of this expense.

I give credit where credit is due. This is a nice hull, and equal to Tamiya in everyway. Stick a Trumpeter T-34 on this and you got a great RC tank.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Perry S.

Hey Dan, do you think our SU100 conversions will fit this?

Perry
Old 10-02-2014, 02:44 AM
YHR

I stuck a WSN hull on it and it fit perfectly. I am going to use this for an SU100.

My hold up now is fitting the plastic wheels to this hull. I have dropped some email to Erik and Freaky, and am waiting on a reply to see if they offer some axle option. In the mean time I have some HL tiger axles screws coming just to see if I can add these and some bearings to the HL plastic wheels.

IF this doesn't work I guess I will have to spring for the metal wheels that go with this hull. If I person has to add those as well then this is getting expensive.

So just a note of caution. You can't just buy this hull and swap over to the HL wheels.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:10 AM
FreakyDude

Dan As soon as customs gets off my back and lets my stuff go I'll have an extra set of the road wheel pins, you can have them at the cost of mailing the envelope.
I have a few of these hulls, wheel sets etc coming in.

I spoke to Erik last week and they will be breaking these sets up so you can buy the parts to convert the HL.
I have one hull specifically that I will be turning into an object****. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:03 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

You have a cat in a bag??? How cruel is that!!! Ok, seriously, an "Object****"? Could it really be a Beute "Cat" of some sort? Could it be one of these?

Name:	JgPz 747-88(r).jpg
Views:	181
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	2036760   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-34-88 b.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	2036761  

Last edited by MAUS45; 10-02-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:24 AM
YHR

Originally Posted by FreakyDude
Dan As soon as customs gets off my back and lets my stuff go I'll have an extra set of the road wheel pins, you can have them at the cost of mailing the envelope.
I have a few of these hulls, wheel sets etc coming in.

I spoke to Erik last week and they will be breaking these sets up so you can buy the parts to convert the HL.
I have one hull specifically that I will be turning into an object****. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

Ok Thanks Curtis. I am very happy with this hull and the gear set up. Full kudos to Taigen for this T-34 hull.

If Taigen would have used this idea in the Sherman hull up front then they would have really created something different as well. So Erik if you are listening. What you did on the outboard drives on the T-34 would be great in the front end of a Sherman, It would allow a scale 3 piece tranny cover to be built and installed.

Of course I haven't seen you metal Sherman tub up close, but I believe there was an opening in the front end. If there is fill that opening with a gear set up like this.

Curtis

When those axles shafts get in, just mail them and send me an invoice.

Cheers
Old 10-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Dan,
Sorry it took me so long, I have been at the iHobby 2014 show and it is very draining on setup days! After the first setup day I'm pooped and just want to sleep!
Anyways, our chassis is designed to take our wheels. The HL types are screw in if I recall correctly, ours are held in place with pin and set screw. The wheels and arms will be split up very soon but you can get a price for now by calling us on Monday or Tuesday. Technically you could just use our pins and use HL wheels but they wouldn't come with bearings in them like ours. The t34 gearboxes are special made for that tank, I do like the design but it couldn't be adapted into the Sherman for lack of space and mounting for the drive shafts. It might be used again in a future design, I like how you can pull out both gearboxes at once with out taking the tracks or drive wheels off.
Edit: thanks for the nice comments, happy tanking!
Old 10-02-2014, 03:36 PM
FreakyDude

Originally Posted by MAUS45
You have a cat in a bag??? How cruel is that!!! Ok, seriously, an "Object****"? Could it really be a Beute "Cat" of some sort? Could it be one of these?
Maus I was thinking more like an Object 268 or something ( I love playing WOT obviously ). I have a couple KV hulls as well, they would make some good russian stuff as well.
I prefer scratch building as much as possible over buying parts just to keep my tanks unique. Anyway when I get started I'll pop some pics for you to see.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:13 AM
Green Amphibian

I really don't want to ambush this thread, but does anyone know where I can get some of the screws that hold the arm in this picture? I need to find 8 of them. This hull is really looking good by the way. Metal wheels with bearings sounds good also.

Herman

Last edited by Green Amphibian; 10-03-2014 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:30 AM
YHR

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Hey Dan,
Sorry it took me so long, I have been at the iHobby 2014 show and it is very draining on setup days! After the first setup day I'm pooped and just want to sleep!
Anyways, our chassis is designed to take our wheels. The HL types are screw in if I recall correctly, ours are held in place with pin and set screw. The wheels and arms will be split up very soon but you can get a price for now by calling us on Monday or Tuesday. Technically you could just use our pins and use HL wheels but they wouldn't come with bearings in them like ours. The t34 gearboxes are special made for that tank, I do like the design but it couldn't be adapted into the Sherman for lack of space and mounting for the drive shafts. It might be used again in a future design, I like how you can pull out both gearboxes at once with out taking the tracks or drive wheels off.
Edit: thanks for the nice comments, happy tanking!

Are you sure about that. The outbound drives on the Sherman are exactly the same as the T-34 except they are at the front of the tank. It needs to be narrower but there is enough clearance to move the boxes closer together for the application in a Sherman If you guys will part out the gear boxes and the metal final drive assembly, I will show you.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Imex-Erik

Yea sure, I'm always down to hear some feedback. I'll ask the exact reason for the different gearboxes, I know there was a clearance issue with the 4:1 so we had to use a 3:1 instead. I'll get some more info when I get back for you. Oh and I tried to PM you but the forums are being weird.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Perry S.

So where exactly can one buy one of these? You mentioned Immortal Hobbies but I do not see them on their site.

Perry
Old 10-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Imex-Erik

Just give immortal hobbies an email, he can get anything you want
Old 10-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Perry S.

Thanks Erik, I will.

Perry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.