Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Manchengrc,, are they legitimate?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Manchengrc,, are they legitimate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:26 AM
peter w h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manchengrc,, are they legitimate?

Found these guys on line, http://www.manchengrc.com prices seem too good to be true.

They don't accept PayPal or Visa just Western Union or bank wire transfer, maybe a scam?

JR ds 8711 servos new $69.00 ??? everyone else is 139.00

Anyone have dealings with them?

Their other name is Family Land RC Creations (China) I thought this was the name of a legitimate Australian company.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Peter H.

Last edited by peter w h; 12-21-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:26 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Do you have to ask?

Of course thats a scam.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

peter w h,

May I remind you that it's against the forum rules to post multiple copies of the same question either in the same or different forums? You've posted this same question three times here; give it up please.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:54 PM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
peter w h,

May I remind you that it's against the forum rules to post multiple copies of the same question either in the same or different forums? You've posted this same question three times here; give it up please.
Zeeb, peter w.h. is showing signs of "Alzheimers", he probabily didn't realize that he posted the same question three times within a few minutes of each posting.

Roger

Last edited by ForcesR; 12-20-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:51 AM
peter w h

With RC Universe running at it's usual snail pace and my ADHD running rampant by the time all the dust had settled there were three.

To all who's lives I have disrupted with this unbridled and thoughtless act I apologise.

Yours Truly,

Peter W H.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Gotta be a scam. I actually exchanged a few emails with them. They claim to be OEM manufacturers for the products they sell. They almost had me sold until I realized they had DA and KOLM engines on their site. I don't think DA and Kolm are selling through china.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:34 AM
peter w h

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
Gotta be a scam. I actually exchanged a few emails with them. They claim to be OEM manufacturers for the products they sell. They almost had me sold until I realized they had DA and KOLM engines on their site. I don't think DA and Kolm are selling through china.
Agreed, good point.

Although my posting started off rather rocky, the more we raise awareness and identify these types of business activities inside our community of RC enthusiasts and expose scams the better off all of us will be.

Just purchased 6 new DS 8711 from Amazon @ 94.00 ea.

Peter.

Last edited by peter w h; 12-21-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:39 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Aside from the fact that DA personally confirmed they don't sell engines to them, by not accepting Pay Pal or Credit Cards, they remove any buyer protection and any recourse to get your money back when (not if) you find out you were scammed
Old 12-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by peter w h
With RC Universe running at it's usual snail pace and my ADHD running rampant by the time all the dust had settled there were three.

To all who's lives I have disrupted with this unbridled and thoughtless act I apologise.

Yours Truly,

Peter W H.

As well you SHOULD apologize. Your dastardly deed has, in fact, victimized many. Do you not realize that many of us are chained to our chairs and FORCED to read whatever redundant posts are on this site--particularly those whose titles clearly indicate a repeat of the same post?? How do you expect us to get on with our day (let alone our lives) if we have to read each one of these multiple threads? Have you yet no shame, sir?!

There may come a time when I can exercise the free moral agency required to determine for myself which posts I read and which I elect to ignore. Until that glorious day arrives, I would appreciate if you would observe even the faintest display of decency and abide by the rules of this forum. I am sending you an unused cat o' nine tails, and fully expect you to issue yourself the appropriate number of lashes as comeuppance for this despicable act.

Send me back the cat when you're done with the included SASE.

Last edited by Shaun Evans; 12-21-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

On a serious note, I do wonder how many poor suckers send off their money to these scammers. The jet section is full of this new generation of hobbyists who seem to have no problem with these kinds of terms (send a wire transfer to China and wait 9 months to hopefully get merchandise). They don't seem to recognize it as the interest-free loan that it is.... IF you ever get what you ordered. Despite ample warnings and horror stories, people still play this roulette and then come back to the forums and cry.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:49 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
As well you SHOULD apologize. Your dastardly deed has, in fact, victimized many. Do you not realize that many of us are chained to our chairs and FORCED to read whatever redundant posts are on this site--particularly those whose titles clearly indicate a repeat of the same post?? How do you expect us to get on with our day (let alone our lives) if we have to read each one of these multiple threads? Have you yet no shame, sir?!

There may come a time when I can exercise the free moral agency required to determine for myself which posts I read and which I elect to ignore. Until that glorious day arrives, I would appreciate if you would observe even the faintest display of decency and abide by the rules of this forum. I am sending you an unused cat o' nine tails, and fully expect you to issue yourself the appropriate number of lashes as comeuppance for this despicable act.

Wonderful. That made my day!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:45 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The temptation of low prices overwhelms the good judgement of the greedy.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 049flyer
The temptation of low prices overwhelms the good judgement of the greedy.
So a person is greedy because they hope to spend less money? Your logic doesn't hold up. That would make every little old lady cutting coupons and shopping at Walmart to extend their social security benefits greedy. Think before you speak, try that logic.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:14 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check with P.T.Barnum. He knows how this works.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:37 PM
peter w h

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft

WOW! and I get to be whipped, it's a good day.
P.