Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Important announcement from Jet Central

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Important announcement from Jet Central

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Felipe Nieto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important announcement from Jet Central

Dear friends, customers and jet enthusiasts:

This is a very important announcement from Jet Central.

As of today, our colleague Eric Clapp has retired from his duties with Jet Central.

At Jet Central, we all want to thank Eric for many years of hard work in the company.
He has been offered, and accepted, to be one of our authorized dealers in the USA.

His position in the company will be taken by our good friend Jose Melendez, who I’m sure most of you know.
Jose has been flying RC for around 24 years and jets for 15 years. He is also very knowledgable and will learn everything he needs to concerning our products.

We wish Eric the best and want to welcome Jose to our team.

Here is Jose's contact information so everyone knows how to get in touch with him. His phone number is 321-412-3078 and email is [email protected]. His hours will technically be from 9am to 6pm eastern standard time but I'm sure he will also help out after hours as best as he can.
For all shipments in transit to the plant or from the plant we will follow up accordingly.
The new address for the USA will also be as follows for all engines for service.
Jose Melendez
231 Anthony Ave SE
Palm Bay Florida

If anyone has questions on the status of orders or services, please do not hesitate to contact Jose or Juan directly at the plant. I'm sure we will be able to transition everything in a timely manner.

Thanks a lot
Best regards
Felipe Nieto
CEO
JetCentral
Old 01-29-2015, 01:57 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Greetings to all from Southwest Florida where it is a balmy 73 degrees.

As you have read, I have retired. Anita and I have had hours of discussions regarding my employment with Jet Central and as well the future ahead. We reached the conclusion that retirement was on the table. . .but not retirement as most know it. I simply can not walk away from an industry that I not only love, but emotionally thrive on. That being said, we reached an agreement with Felipe and the management team of Jet Central to retire but continue on as an authorized dealer for Jet Central. This allows for the expansion of Jet Central USA. We currently are dealers for BVM, Skymaster Jets, X-treme Jets, Der Jet Models, Fei Bao Jets, Esprit Models and Cortex Demon gyros. The product line will continue to grow.

When I joined Jet Central almost 12 years ago, it was known as Artes Jets and we had only the Bee and Super Eagle. The product line grew to where it is today; Bee II, VT 100 Rabbit, Cheetah SP, Rhino 200 Sp and Mammoth SP. Truly an accomplishment and one I am proud to say " I was a significant part of." Anita and I look forward to marketing Jet Central turbines and products as well as all other lines carried. We will attend the same show schedule as vendors. Look for the new Jet Central USA banners. . .we look forward to continued relationships with customers past, present and future. . .doing business with a smile and a handshake.

Jose, we wish you well. . .

Sincerely,
Eric Clapp
Anita Clapp
www.jetcentralusa.com
[email protected]

Last edited by BluFox; 01-29-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:18 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To Jet Central Management:
You have some large shoes to fill with the retiring (if that was really HIS choice) of Eric Clapp. Eric was extremely supportive of his Jet Central customers and your product. Eric went the extra mile to keep keep guys in the air and flying. He is the reason that after being in the turbine arena of R/C models for 5 years I have haven't strayed from buying 9 JetCentral turbines during that time. What kept me from trying "brand X" was the quality of your product but also----and this IS very important---- was that after becoming acquainted with Eric if there was ever a problem or issue with a motor he would always respond and help without a bunch of runaround or excuses.

I guess what I'm saying is that I continued to purchase your product because of "the man behind the product". I have meet other people in your company and was impressed with their attitude and helpfulness but for a lot of us Eric is "THE MAN" behind Jet Central.

I have met Jose and have done some business with him in the past. If you have to have a replacement for Eric, then Jose is a good choice as my dealings with Jose have been pleasant. I wish him well as now he is "THE MAN" and I will have too develop a rapport with him. I'm looking forward too it and hoping the transition goes smoothly and in a positive direction.

Jose, wishing you good luck.
Eric, you will be missed!

Mike Saleeby
Old 01-29-2015, 02:58 PM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Eric, this is Chic White. You were there for me during my rookie year and I thank you much. I now have my second Jet Central turbine, (Rabbit, Cheetah), because of you. My loyalty will also remain with you and the turbines you support. Thanks for sharing your time and your professional service to rookies like myself as well as to the established jet jockeys. Will walk up to you one day and say, "Thanks for the Christmas present". Retirement is but a word, sounds like you may be deeper into the turbine business based on the products you will now be supporting. Stay well and Stay safe. Chic
Old 01-29-2015, 03:14 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats to both of you in your new endeavors!!

We'll catch up soon!

R/
George

Last edited by George; 01-29-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM
BluFox

Redtail. . .thank you my friend. Looking forward to the first handshake of our future

George. . .thank you as well. As I said, check your six and keep an eye on Travis as well

Kind regards,
Eric
Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Jose Melendez from global jet club? Is he an employee of Global and how does that affect his ability to take on the workload required to handle all of Jet Central's business? Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM
j.c.a.
My Feedback: (2)

Eric, in my short time involved with turbines you have been a great help and always answered my questions with patience,for this I thank you personally. You very well know I have a couple Jet Central turbins and a couple of X brand turbines, you have been a true ambassador to this hobby. I say this because when ever I have had a question weather it be from a Jet Central Product or X brand you have always tried to help to the best of your ability without hesitation nor have you criticized the competition. This to me proved that you are gentleman and I am proud to consider you a friend ,I wish you and your wife the best .

P.S. I am sure we will speak soon and I will keep askig questions. LOL LOL

J.C. Alvarez
Old 01-29-2015, 04:44 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Hi All,

First I would like to give many thanks to Eric for the many years of service that he provided with Jet Central USA and being extremely helpful every step of the way with everyone.

As as for me I'm am very excited to take on this venture as I love nothing more than to help everyone I can to be successful in the hobby that we all love.

For those who may be concern about me being with Global that will not change and I will still be here to answer any and all questions I can and for those I cant I will find the answer.

Again many thanks to Eric and I hope to be here to help everyone in this wonderful hobby that we all love very much.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:28 PM
itryfly

Now make some time to wiggle the sticks, enjoy the MH and time with Anita.

Thanks for your service and your friendship, see you at the flying field.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:37 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Jose. I heard about you working for Jet Central. Congratulations to you man. I know you will be good there.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:18 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Eric, Thanks for taking good care of me and my two Cheetahs. Best wishes. I look forward to dealing with Jose. He has big shoes to fill!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:14 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Eric,
Enjoy your well earned retirement!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:49 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Fair skies to you and Anita. You have been the model for people in your industry to match. Fast friendly service, quick response and quite simply....doing what was right for your customer. Jose will be a great addition to the Jet Central line. Look forward to seeing you at the next event.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Eric,
Sad to see you step down from this end of the company but happy for you and Anita that you will still be involved with JC and be at the events with probably a little less stress. You have always been there when I needed support and that has what kept me a loyal JC customer. See you at the next event.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 AM
BluFox

Tom & Marty. . .Thank you both for your kind words. . .the next chapter in our life has begun. The Jet Central Dealer program was a natural fit as it allows Jet Central USA to add different product lines. I am in my office and loving it. . .See you at Florida Jets, Mississippi Afterburner, First in Flight, VA Jets, Jets over Kentucky, Super Jets South and few others. Look for the new JET CENTRAL USA banner.

Sincerely,
Eric & Anita Clapp

Last edited by BluFox; 01-30-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-30-2015, 10:56 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Eric,
I think you forgot Kentucky Jets
Old 01-30-2015, 11:04 AM
BluFox

Thank you Rich. . .not intentional. We have the same space at JOK as always.

Cheers,
Eric