Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Ibu3

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Ibu3

I have my allotment of IBU3 units in! They are here in the USA in my hot little hands!

I'll have them posted and available on my website with pricing this weekend....!

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IBU3.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	2171958  

Last edited by Tanque; 07-08-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Tanque

I must apologize to all. I just got around to adding the IBU3 to my JCSA website. For the last week I've been suffering under some nasty summer sinus infection when I got fever temps as high as 102... on the mend now but it was quite unpleasant for a while...

I believe our prices are very favorable, postage costs in North America are negligible as the units are very light.
A have good stock on all IBU tanks boards..

Enjoy!

Jerry
Old 07-21-2016, 11:02 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I dare to add a few Ibu 3 Clips With a few soundset's . ( although they are in a few other treads to )
Delete if you will Tanque ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK1pVxzJrR0 Jagdtiger Ibu3 With latest software uppdate to support DKLM-RC gearbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LY99dAb9wk

Panther set's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3qKhfLoYQU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO2YcZ8u4Uk In my Tiger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIUgFRJww4
Old 07-22-2016, 12:07 AM
Tanque

I've not had the chance to play with one yet, perhaps this is a excuse to get the Asiatam Elefant together I was going on about in another thread..

You guys wanna see that? An Asiatam Metal Elefant powered by an IBU3?

Whaddya think Ivano, should I give it a whirl... I was planning on popping in an IBU of some sort into a 1/10 scale Panzer II variant...

Jerry
Old 07-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Tanque

Gents great news!

I have permanently reduced the prices of all IBU products on the JCSA site; what were great units at great prices has gotten even better!

Enjoy....

Jerry
Old 07-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

OK, Jerry, I've seen a few things about the IBU3 and I've noticed that I have to hook it up to a computer before I can even use it. That's scary for me. Are there any how-to videos for the computer part? I mean a video kind of like this one I made for how to post video to a forum. I post this video now only so you can get an idea of how much you have to dumb stuff down for an old idjit like me, so don't pay any attention to the content, just the step by step delivery of the instructions. Insert tab A into slot B, Dumbass. This is the kind of video I need if I'm going to learn how to do this, and that's still no guarantee I'll ever buy an IBU3. The IBU2 has been berry, berry good ... to me* (I have four of them) and I firmly believe that if it ain't broke ... DON'T FIX IT!! I have several airsoft tanks slated for an IBU2, including the brand new metal edition PzIII I picked up at the Toledo show, so why should I go the extra eleventy-billion dollars for the IBU3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqR6EBYCICM So if you can show me how to use the thing in a format that I'll actually get through my pea brain there's a much better chance I'll spend my coin-of-the-realm on this thing, can ya dig it?

One of my Buds that just joined here at RCU (he's no newbie to tanks, and serves as a Mod on another forum) is working with the IBU3, and even though he got it from your competitor you might want to give him a shout and keep tabs on how things go for him. He's pretty much exactly the target demographic you're lookin' for. His handle is Jackalope43 and he's a very good man. Exactly the kind of fella the hobby wants to attract and keep, can ya dig it?

* Can't remember the guy's name but he had the coolest accent and when asked about the sport he said ... "Baseball, been, berry-berry-good ... to me". It just ain't the same in print,
Old 07-23-2016, 06:35 PM
Tanque

Crius I understand your concerns. For starters I have a great supply of IBU2 ( Base and Pro ) and I don't believe they'll go away anytime soon so supply
of what you're used to isn't an issue.

Second age isn't an issue, at 65+ I'm an old guy myself; but I've been involved with IT for 44 years and still love to learn. My dad asked me to teach him about C programming when he was nearly 80. A young friend on the other hand is like a fish out of water around anything other than an iPad or iPhone. It just depends more on personal preference. There is no right or wrong of it everyone can be different.

That said, I can try or perhaps entreat others to make the sort of video you describe; I don't know that I would be able to do it justice. I will work with others to get their systems
up and operational; support doesn't stop when I mail someone their product. I have decided to do setup for a selected vehicle if a customer really needs that but I will always encourage independence; independence is power in my opinion; I've always felt that way. I guest mine isn't a good business model but I just can't see charging customers
to do something they can surely do for themselves and in a way they really want it done. My goal is to try to get them the product they want at the minimum cost. I won't compete with Hobby King's prices for radio equipment for example; a 9x Pro for 59 buck, receiver for $31 and xmitter modul for $35.

So in short guys I'll see what I can do, it won't be overnight as my plate is still pretty full; complicated this weekend by having to say goodbye to one of my two furry friends- one of a pair of sister dogs who've been with me 14 years since they were puppies and never parted until now....

Jerry

Last edited by Tanque; 07-23-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:06 PM
Crius

My most sincere condolences on your recent loss, Jerry. My feline comrade Sylvester lost his battle with cancer two weeks ago, so I have an idea of how you feel. It seems the older I get the harder these things hit me. When I was 25 you couldn't have made me cry with a bullwhip, but now, 30 years later, these furry little guys have taken complete control of the heartstrings, if you can dig it. Nancy goes in for a rabies shot next month and I already feel bad about having to make him do things he really doesn't want to do.

I hope your surviving furry friend is around for a very long time. It must be hard on her, too.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the sound card on board in the IBU3? any advantage/ disadvantage in using a TBS? Is it even compatible? From what i have seen it sounds pretty good but a little abrupt in the acceleration sound on that Jagdtiger. It went from idle to WFO with out any increase , noticable anyway in RPM,s.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:52 PM
finewayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the tiger sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayAErFES4RY

Old 07-25-2016, 10:20 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Gregg

The IBU3 is a complete package. You remove the stock electronics and install the IBU 3. It has IR and sound. You would not need a TBS. Looks like it is about $215 USD
Old 07-29-2016, 05:01 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Dan, Would I be able to add a TBS in line with a Tamiya full option electronics system? I like the Tamiya system but the sound is not on par with other systems.

Thanks, Rudy
Old 07-29-2016, 10:20 AM
sollie

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Dan, Would I be able to add a TBS in line with a Tamiya full option electronics system? I like the Tamiya system but the sound is not on par with other systems.

Thanks, Rudy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC3m_frM6bE looks like a mess , but yes ( with Dan's Barc)
Old 07-29-2016, 11:56 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the IBU3 light the apple upon reload status? That was always confusing with some of the aftermarket systems regarding if someone took a hit or was "at battery" compared to the tamiya system. I know they are different sequences but in the heat of battle one can confuse the two. Also it gave away the tanks status, If I saw my opponent's apple blink once "reloaded" I'd know I couldn't maneuver freely. Then if still facing the same opponent with these systems I knew after it fired I had till his apple blinked once to gain ground or change vector on it. Yes this is also done with the tamiya system by counting in your head but the visual was more recognizable. Is there the option to have it on/off?
Old 07-29-2016, 12:15 PM
MAUS45

Sollie, I hope that is not the only option as Dan has said he no longer will have the BARC produced??? I think???
Old 07-29-2016, 12:17 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Does the IBU3 light the apple upon reload status? That was always confusing with some of the aftermarket systems regarding if someone took a hit or was "at battery" compared to the tamiya system. I know they are different sequences but in the heat of battle one can confuse the two. Also it gave away the tanks status, If I saw my opponent's apple blink once "reloaded" I'd know I couldn't maneuver freely. Then if still facing the same opponent with these systems I knew after it fired I had till his apple blinked once to gain ground or change vector on it. Yes this is also done with the tamiya system by counting in your head but the visual was more recognizable. Is there the option to have it on/off?
It does that but it can be turned off
Old 07-29-2016, 12:21 PM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by tomhugill
It does that but it can be turned off
Good to know, thanks.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:11 PM
sollie

Sollie, I hope that is not the only option as Dan has said he no longer will have the BARC produced??? I think???
Then I think someone else will have to pick up the blueprints
Old 07-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Crius

On the IBU2 the blinking LED for reload can be turned off, but if you're the sneaky type you can make it blink by turning the smoke unit on or off so you could fake out Bret and make him think he can't maneuver freely while you get in position to smoke his butt.

Seriously, though, most clubs that I've heard of just ask you to turn off all blinking except when you take a hit and the IBU2 is easy to bring to spec. Do you have to hook the IBU3 up to your computer to turn off the blinking (I think it's called extended signal)? I'm definitely not a fan of using the computer to change stuff on my tank. Probably because computers have this tendency to make me feel like an idjit and that's a feeling I don't particularly care for, can ya dig it?
Old 07-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Crius

And it's interesting to me that this should come up now. I've recently had conversations with a couple different fellow RC Tankers about how there can be complaints when you have non-Tamiya equipment, so I've decided I'm just gonna get the new Jagdpanzer IV, do an OOB build and make that my battle tank.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:09 PM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by Crius
On the IBU2 the blinking LED for reload can be turned off, but if you're the sneaky type you can make it blink by turning the smoke unit on or off so you could fake out Bret and make him think he can't maneuver freely while you get in position to smoke his butt.

Seriously, though, most clubs that I've heard of just ask you to turn off all blinking except when you take a hit and the IBU2 is easy to bring to spec. Do you have to hook the IBU3 up to your computer to turn off the blinking (I think it's called extended signal)? I'm definitely not a fan of using the computer to change stuff on my tank. Probably because computers have this tendency to make me feel like an idjit and that's a feeling I don't particularly care for, can ya dig it?
Hell Gary, by the time you hit 2 switches and did 7 stick inputs to turn the smoker on and off I'd already have 2 hits on ya and be back defilade. Could catch me once to twice though probably....he he!
Old 07-30-2016, 06:29 AM
YHR

Thanks, Rudy
\

Yes I showed how to hook up the BARC and TBS to a Tamiya to bring the Tamiya up in sound quality. Not much interest shown by enough people though. Without the BARC you will have a problem. The BARC was also a digital encoder that took transmitter signals and turned them into digital switches. That is why you could could control 10 different things with only a four channel radio. When used with the Tamiya it would receive transmitter info, and then automatically trigger the appropriate sound. Without the BARC you could add the TBS to supply engines sounds but you would not have any other sounds so not really a solution for the Tamiya

Clark on the other hand has the quirky ability to turn off its engine sound. This quirk allowed the TBS to be added to the Clark without the BARC. You use all the Clark auxiliary sounds( which are as good as anyone's) and then just use the TBS for the engine.

If you can find away to only kill the Tamiya engine sound, then the TBS could be used the same way it is used with a Clark.

Cheers

Dan
Old 07-30-2016, 07:21 AM
MAUS45

Thanks for confirming Dan. So my options are replace the Tamiya electronics with a Clark with TBS or go for the IBU3.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Crius

... So my options are replace the Tamiya electronics with a Clark with TBS or go for the IBU3.
The Asp2 has just arrived and has the Juno board. 20 watt amp, two channels (one engine, one auxiliary) and ports for three speakers. I like the control and other features on the Asp much better than the Clark, but that's a personal preference. I also have three TK22s and they are a nice board. The engine start for the M41 is one of my very favorite tank sounds. But the Asp also has five rounds of two-shot Tamiya Kill-code. Kill ANY Tamiya tank with just two hits, but you only have 5 rounds and then you have to physically turn the tank off and back on to reload. You also have 40 rounds of regular ammo.

I never knew what to call all the other sounds besides engine, like cannon and rotation. Maybe secondary, but Auxiliary is a good term for that. I hope it catches on.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:26 PM
YHR

Thanks for confirming Dan. So my options are replace the Tamiya electronics with a Clark with TBS or go for the IBU3.
Yes you pretty much have to get rid of the Tamiya electronics and replace them. Lots of options. If you got a programmable radio with a bunch of channels you could get the TBS to work with the Tamiya. From what I have read on the ASP it uses the more complex Turnigy radio to initialize sound files. So a lot of the features on the ASP are dependant on the radio you are using. Same thing can be said of the TBS. The better radio you have the more you can do with it.

I have never used the Asp. I only read up on them, but they seemed a complex set up. Gary , if I remember correctly had RCTA set him up with a complete system all programmed to the radio so he didn't have to mess around with it. I used to do that as well for people. Easiest way to get things right. All of these boards have a learning curve, and you need to be prepared to spend some time with them. A lot will depend on you the consumer and your ability to work through the problems to determine what board will be best for you.

Take the Clark as an example. People get turned off of them because of the factory stick set up, and have abandoned them because of this. However if you monkey around with the channels and servo connections you can get the tank to operate the same as a Tamiya or Heng long. Some people just can't be bothered with this.

i won't recommend any one board because of this. The final "right" set up is a mixture of sound quality, functionality,service, consumers interests and Tolerance for issues.

There are at least 3 more sound and control options that never get mentioned on the tank forums.Sound dynamics, TWM and a stateside developer whose focus is on RC Planes, can also be used for tanks

if you are a multiple RC hobby guy, you might not want to saddle yourself with a tank controller. That is what I liked about the TBS. You can get sound sets from everything from an F1 car to PT boat and use it in all your RC gear. The longer I mess around with the TBS the more I find out what it can do. Multiple machine gun, volume control, smoker initialization, etc are all things that can be programmed on the TBS. As these new boards come out with features, I have found ways to duplicate them using the TBS so that says something about its user programmability. It is only limited by the user.

So there are a bunch of different options but unfortunately,to pick the best is totally dependant on your needs and abilities.

Cheers

Dan

Last edited by YHR; 07-30-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.