Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

1/2A Is Still Fun!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 12:13 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1/2A Is Still Fun!

After being away from the hobby(and the forums) for a while, It's been fun blowing the dust off some models and flying again. After a good recent session of flying some electrics with a friend, I couldn't wait to run some little glow engines again. This week, I performed a little service/repair to my old Das Splat Jr with a TD .049 and put a few flights on it for the first time since SMALL 2015. At that event, the elevator broke a hinge in flight and was fluttering causing some uneasy pitching events! She's tracking nicely again and I now have a renewed excitement for this ever-shrinking niche of the model airplane hobby. Sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2186921  
Old 10-22-2016, 04:20 AM
LittleRock

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have been missed. Your name comes up every year in a good way of course. SMALL 2017 is scheduled for June 1-4 . 1/2 A has gone crazy as I am sure you have discovered.
Will we see you there ????
Old 10-22-2016, 08:35 AM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There used to be loads of cool 1/2A planes out there. I have an Upstart 2 in the box for when I get to retire. Ace had a great selection and there are probably some still out there in the boxes like mine

have fun
Old 10-22-2016, 09:17 AM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are tons and tons of ARF planes ready for conversions with minimal effort to set up for 1/2A.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:20 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LittleRock, I changed jobs this year and am waiting for the 2017 vacation calendar to come in Dec. If I can get those days off, I'll be there! There's nothing more fun than hanging out with the rock star crowd at SMALL all weekend, flying cool little planes, and dining at the finest gourmet restaurants.