Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Abrams metal roadwheels and suspension arms

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Abrams metal roadwheels and suspension arms

Old 11-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Abrams metal roadwheels and suspension arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWu2tPL69gA Note: The only way I can have tanks shipped from Imex to the shop is by calling Erik. It's one of the things he does special for RCU members, but not for the general public.

Last edited by Crius; 11-23-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWu2tPL69gA Note: The only way I can have tanks shipped from Imex to the shop is by calling Erik. It's one of the things he does special for RCU members, but not for the general public.
My 76mm IMEX Sherman and Panther F top hull both came via UPS.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Crius

I just found out that Imex has switched to UPS, good news for us all!

Did you have to sign for the package?
Old 11-23-2016, 04:22 PM
Tanker 10

I just found out that Imex has switched to UPS, good news for us all!

Did you have to sign for the package?
I don't know. I was racing slot cars that night at a friends and my wife took the boxes. I'll have to ask her if she had to sign. I liked Fed Ex because he came around 10AM, my UPS deliveries don't get here until 5-6PM. This time of year I've had them arrive after 8PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:30 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have noticed FedEx comes early and UPS later in the day, I have had small issues w both but nothing major thank goodness. The fed ex guy at work is awesome and the UPS is a grump who THrows the boxes off his cart right in front of us. We sell expensive cameras
so I gotta say it's either way for me. Gary I ordered a Sherman from Costway, 2 days ago
waiting for the UPS guy now
it arrived, small dent in box but tank ok. And it's the latest version w the silver sticke on the controller.
you all have a happy thanksgiving

Last edited by Markocaster; 11-23-2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: new info :)
Old 11-23-2016, 04:32 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

UPS means more broken stuff in shipping...Fedex is much better.
what scale slots where you racing?

Originally Posted by Tanker 10
I don't know. I was racing slot cars that night at a friends and my wife took the boxes. I'll have to ask her if she had to sign. I liked Fed Ex because he came around 10AM, my UPS deliveries don't get here until 5-6PM. This time of year I've had them arrive after 8PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Tanker 10

Originally Posted by shenlonco
We run 1/32 scale. NSR, Slot.it, Scalextric, 1/24 Sprints, modifieds, and pan chassis jalopies.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:00 PM
shenlonco

Originally Posted by Tanker 10
We run 1/32 scale. NSR, Slot.it, Scalextric, 1/24 Sprints, modifieds, and pan chassis jalopies.
Cool I used to be into the HO & 1/32 scale slots big time!
Old 11-23-2016, 09:45 PM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was worried they wouldn't have bearings.

Maybe Il give tankarmy a try with these:

http://tankarmy.com/heng-long-tank/p...springs-p-1646

Does your Abrams remote have plugs where the new shoulder buttons should be?
Old 11-24-2016, 08:45 AM
Sky_HawK

I've had the exact opposite experience. We ship only UPS for work and every tank I've received FedEx was broken upon arrival. Could have been bad luck or broken before they handled it, but for work we haven't had very good luck with FedEx.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:03 AM
Tanker 10

Cool I used to be into the HO & 1/32 scale slots big time!
We have a couple of guys into HO big time. They do the Fray and other big races throughout the year. I can't tolerate the small ones, they are so fast just watching them makes me sick to my stomach. Weird.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by pcsguy88
I was worried they wouldn't have bearings.

Maybe Il give tankarmy a try with these:

http://tankarmy.com/heng-long-tank/p...springs-p-1646

Does your Abrams remote have plugs where the new shoulder buttons should be?
Yes, it has the plugs.

Unfortunately, shipping from Australia is a killer. I'll be very interested to see what it costs you if you get those. It looks like a great kit, and at the current exchange the $72 AUD is less than $55 U.S.

And if they do turn out to be great I'll be razzin' ya forever because you didn't find them first and I got the other set.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Crius

You know those warehouses in California that ship tanks sold on ebay? I know of at least two that have changed from fedex to UPS because they were getting too many tanks returned due to damage in shipping. I wonder if that's why Imex recently changed to UPS? We should ask Erik about that.

I'm really glad you've had good luck with fedex, Steve, and I hope it continues, but I've met way more people that say fedex is horrible than any other shipper. That might be useful info for a poll? Try to get an idea of what shipper has the best and worst record in shipping tanks to forum members? I know that no matter what shipper they use, Imex has had a lot less shipping damage since Erik started making sure the tanks are properly packed and have the extra details, like tape across all hatches and plastic tubes protecting some gun barrels.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:18 PM
shenlonco

I guess it all depends on the spots you live and just how they treat packages.

You know those warehouses in California that ship tanks sold on ebay? I know of at least two that have changed from fedex to UPS because they were getting too many tanks returned due to damage in shipping. I wonder if that's why Imex recently changed to UPS? We should ask Erik about that.

I'm really glad you've had good luck with fedex, Steve, and I hope it continues, but I've met way more people that say fedex is horrible than any other shipper. That might be useful info for a poll? Try to get an idea of what shipper has the best and worst record in shipping tanks to forum members? I know that no matter what shipper they use, Imex has had a lot less shipping damage since Erik started making sure the tanks are properly packed and have the extra details, like tape across all hatches and plastic tubes protecting some gun barrels.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:55 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the same wheels with bearings and sprocket that Tankarmy has, but from Mato for cheaper shipped. The AU $59 shipping was a killer and since these plastic swingarms are sturdy and I'm running plastic tracks, I decided the metal rollers and arms were not critical. $83 shipped from Mato with idler and sprocket set.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yea it helps a lot to add special foam and tape but it sure kills a lot of time! It also can be killer on your back unloading and packing tanks all day for sure too! We did recently make a switch yes, both shipping costs and damage rates were taken into consideration as well. I can say our returns/damages have definitely gone down since, but this will also depend on the end delivery guy as well. If he is in a poopy mood he won't care he is throwing a few hundred dollar model on the ground, to him it is just a heavy box to deliver. With as many packages as I get a year (sometimes 3-5 times a week) I tip my delivery guys pretty well. I even have large packages I can't get delivered to work (PayPal restrictions) put on my screened in back porch with a tip each time to help my last leg get there a bit safer.

I guess it all depends on the spots you live and just how they treat packages.
Yes. I watched my last FedEx guy throw my 3d printer like a soccer ball once.... That was the last time that delivery man was seen on my route.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Crius

Originally Posted by pcsguy88
I ordered the same wheels with bearings and sprocket that Tankarmy has, but from Mato for cheaper shipped. The AU $59 shipping was a killer and since these plastic swingarms are sturdy and I'm running plastic tracks, I decided the metal rollers and arms were not critical. $83 shipped from Mato with idler and sprocket set.
The idlers I ordered have bearings, so it's tempting to order the mato roadwheels, use the metal swing arms and then see if I can sell the spare roadwheels. They can be used on plastic arms so maybe someone running plastic tracks would be able to save some money getting the metal roadwheels with rubber tires from me. You guys know me, I'd sell them cheap, and maybe even give them away if it's a buddy that wants them. Hey Paco, what kind of roadwheels are on your Abrams?

Does the mato sale last til Monday?
Old 11-25-2016, 04:17 PM
ChuckATruck

How much
Old 11-25-2016, 04:43 PM
Crius

Originally Posted by ChuckATruck
How much
For what, the extra roadwheels? Well , it's you so that makes a difference, but I did just send you gearboxes, so let's think about this. The new wheels would cost me $53 plus shipping (probably around $75 total), and the ones for sale were $86.98 delivered, what would you say to $25 plus shipping? I could use a flat rate box for under $8 (I think $6.85 but not exactly sure) so that would be $33 or less. That's a lot less than $87, but you won't get the metal arms.

And I think the mato sale runs till the 30th, at least that's what it says for the roadwheels.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:51 PM
ChuckATruck

Sold
Old 12-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Cruiser133

I just bought the metal road wheel kit with suspension, metal tracks with pads, steel gearboxes and metal idlers from tank army. The shipping sucks, but I paid $220 for everything shipped where mato would have been close to $200 with shipping and i would still need metal swing arms and steel gearboxes. Not to mention the tank army suspension kit had a lot of extras.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:24 AM
shenlonco

Looks like your going to hop that sucker up!
Originally Posted by Cruiser133
I just bought the metal road wheel kit with suspension, metal tracks with pads, steel gearboxes and metal idlers from tank army. The shipping sucks, but I paid $220 for everything shipped where mato would have been close to $200 with shipping and i would still need metal swing arms and steel gearboxes. Not to mention the tank army suspension kit had a lot of extras.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Sky_HawK

The metal tracks with pads are ace. I'm going to blue and paint mine this weekend hopefully. I still need to figure out what glue to use on the Leopard 2 tracks, CA didn't stick to the rubber at all.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Cruiser133

Looks like your going to hop that sucker up!
Yes, it is for my 10 yr old Son for Christmas. He will be stoked!! I will probably end up painting it in a Nato camo pattern.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Cruiser133

Originally Posted by Sky_HawK
The metal tracks with pads are ace. I'm going to blue and paint mine this weekend hopefully. I still need to figure out what glue to use on the Leopard 2 tracks, CA didn't stick to the rubber at all.
You try Shoe Glue?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.