Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

I'm back....well sort of

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default I'm back....well sort of

Hello gents, I've been out of the game for a little while. I had sold off most of my stuff and concentrated on rc trucks since my son was into those for awhile. Now 3 years later, he is 6 and wants an rc tank (I have no idea what got him involved in that lol.....hint hint) So I am getting him the HL Sherman for Christmas, and I picked up a Taigen Tiger late production for myself, and a IBU2 pro for it. My intent is to camo the tiger and weather it of course, maybe add some detailing and such, I won't be doing any battling anytime soon, as my time is still limited. But I wanted to reinstate myself into the tank hobby again, even if it is limited.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 12-04-2016, 08:34 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome back, I just got back into tanks after a 4 years and just purchased a couple go new 2.4 tanks and there better than ever.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Welcome back, Wade. Experienced guys are always good to see. I'm sure you'll be bringing a lot of valuable experience for those that want to try a deuce and a half or CCKW. Being in PA you're probably familiar with Bret, and he's doing some amazing stuff with the new Puma, just to name one. You left about a year after I joined (RC Tanks, anyway, been doing static models for 45 years) and things have gotten better geometrically! The advances in the availability of different tanks to model has vastly improved, as well as support vehicles. The hobby is really taking off and gaining popularity every day. You made good choices in tanks to come back to, and you'll find lots of info, mods and detailing to help you decide your approach. And vendors have become much more plentiful with much more to offer. Being already familiar with this forum, you know you only have to ask and just about any info you could want is right here. You're gonna have a blast.

And is there something we can call your inspiration, other than "the boy"? Little Wade? He got lucky in the poppa selection when he got an RC Tanker.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:18 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rebellion, I was just thinking about you the other day brother! Glad to hear this news. I too took a long hiatus from tanks, only doing ElMod sales and installs for a while...and maybe the odd paintjob.
I definitely can't stay away from this hobby, though sadly build threads here seem to be a think of the past.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you for the warm welcome back. Crius my little ones name is Chase, I never did finish my deuce and a half build as that was around the time I took a little hiatus. Been involved in the rock crawler scene and that is also a great niche. Joe how the heck are you? Glad to see you are still involved.......still have the stang?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:56 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's obvious we all need to take long breaks to rekindle the enthusiasm. I never thought I'd be back after 5yrs of my tanks in storage totes, but I also knew better than to sell them no matter how many times they moved. Of course most of them are back in totes now that I've bought a Leo and an Abrams in the past 2 months to occupy my time.

Welcome back!
Old 12-05-2016, 08:18 AM
shenlonco

Hows the Abrams compaired to the LEO both in stock form Abrams drive any better more emph?
Originally Posted by pcsguy88
It's obvious we all need to take long breaks to rekindle the enthusiasm. I never thought I'd be back after 5yrs of my tanks in storage totes, but I also knew better than to sell them no matter how many times they moved. Of course most of them are back in totes now that I've bought a Leo and an Abrams in the past 2 months to occupy my time.

Welcome back!
Old 12-05-2016, 12:12 PM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shenlonco
Hows the Abrams compaired to the LEO both in stock form Abrams drive any better more emph?
I have never had a tank run better out of the box from HL. I swear the electronics are different than the 2 month old Leopard. I tossed in the V2 3:1's I had laying around and tossed a few bags of pennies into it. That's all the mods I would have made if I had not already ordered roadwheels and sprockets from china before I had tossed the weight inside.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:19 PM
shenlonco

That's good to hear!
My new sherman is awesome also!
Thanks
Originally Posted by pcsguy88
I have never had a tank run better out of the box from HL. I swear the electronics are different than the 2 month old Leopard. I tossed in the V2 3:1's I had laying around and tossed a few bags of pennies into it. That's all the mods I would have made if I had not already ordered roadwheels and sprockets from china before I had tossed the weight inside.