Community
Search
Notices
Drones Talk This forum is for Multi-Rotor pilots and enthusiasts to talk about subjects that don’t quite fit into any other forum.

See bear hunting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:05 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question See bear hunting?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...-hunting-bill/

I think this article was written by a 6th grader. Not sure if they are worried about seeing people hunting bears or turkey's or seeing the bears or turkeys themselves. And if the latter, why does it matter? Are there not some game limits?
Old 01-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And how is this related to the AMA??
Old 01-23-2017, 11:51 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree, how does this relate to the AMA?? I'm willing to have an open mind to see what your thought process was for putting it in the AMA Forum was. But if it doesn't really have anything to do with the AMA I'm going to need to move it. So please let me know why you think it should stay here for discussion.

Ken
Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the AMA forum was what we used for drone news. But maybe move it to club house. Or delete, I think they were worried about killing too many bears and turkey's, dono.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:39 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Ok , I gotta admit when I saw the thread title "See Bear hunting" , what came to my mind was a particular Spongebob Squarepants episode that featured "Sea Bears" and so I thought you were joking . But since I did read your link yes indeed it would appear that they seek to ban the use of drones for hunting , it sounded to me like they would prohibit both arming drones and also using unarmed drones to "harass" wildlife . Now I'm all for having no drones with guns or other deadly projectiles attached , but my thought about the "harassing" part got me to wondering when using a good ol fashioned bird dog to flush the birds into taking flight do they think that's "harassing" the wildlife too ? If a drone is used to track Deer is that somehow harassment ? My fear is that the proponents of such blanket laws are the same folks who don't think beyond the fact that the chicken didn't start out life in a cellophane wrapped package in the supermarket and that someone had to do more than harass that chicken to make it table ready for them .

The next hot job , , , Drone rights lawyer ....
Old 01-23-2017, 02:46 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

No, the AMA forum isn't the defacto place for all Drone new. In fact, RCU now has a new forum that is just for drone discussions alone. There are times that the AMA forum is a good place for discussions about Drones, but that is only when they impact something that affects the AMA or it's membership. Since this thread doesn't rise to that level I'm going to move this thread to our new Drone Forum.

It can now be found in the Drones Talk forum

Ken

Last edited by RCKen; 01-23-2017 at 02:48 PM.