Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

What charger???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:51 AM
sgtparker01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What charger???

II have the following batteries that I would like to find one charger that will charge all of them. I really don't like the cheap ones that come with them from the HL and Taigen tanks.
7.4/1800 mAH Li-ion 2s
7.2/1700 mAH NI-CD
7.2 SC2000 mAH NI-MH
7.2 3800 mAH NI-MH

Would welcome any help, thanks

Last edited by sgtparker01; 01-23-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:19 PM
sgtparker01

This currently is the one Im looking at,Venom Pro 2 AC/DC Battery Charger for LiPo LiON LiFE NiCD NiMH , model VEN 0677 also the venom pro charger

Last edited by sgtparker01; 01-23-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:01 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtparker01
This currently is the one Im looking at,Venom Pro 2 AC/DC Battery Charger for LiPo LiON LiFE NiCD NiMH , model VEN 0677 also the venom pro charger
That will work...today's li ions are charged to 4.2V per cell now adays so you use lipo mode for the HL packs.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM
sgtparker01

thank you for the info
Old 01-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Hitec X4. With that charger, I can charge all 4 of those batteries at the same time and minimize down time. As a backup I have an older Triton and another single output Hitec.

Rafael
Old 01-23-2017, 02:17 PM
shenlonco

thank you for the info
Here is a easy charger to use if your not good at chargers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dynamite...kAAOSwwbdWPR3H

this ones nice also more advanced like the venom one you looked at.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-DYN...YAAOSw3mpXLczA
Old 01-23-2017, 02:22 PM
sgtparker01

I went with this venom pro charger, looks like it has everything I need , plus I have always liked there products.

And thanks everybody for your input, makes things alot easier to decide on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	2197873  
Old 01-23-2017, 02:25 PM
shenlonco

I went with this venom pro charger, looks like it has everything I need , plus I have always liked there products.
Not a good choice I recall guy's having problems with that and it's a very old model charger.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:28 PM
sgtparker01

Ive never had any problems with there stuff, will have to see how it goes.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:32 PM
shenlonco

Ive never had any problems with there stuff, will have to see how it goes.
it is a very old model and back in those days venom stunk....there new stuff is ok now but back then most of there stuff was not to good, should have went with a newer version, I owned hundreds of rc, and probably 50 chargers or more and back then venom product's just were not on par with other brands.
When you said you wanted the venom pro I was assuming it was a new charger not a very old outdated one,
thought you meant this one?
https://www.venompower.com/collectio...tery-charger-1

Last edited by shenlonco; 01-23-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:33 PM
sgtparker01

Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it, but anything is better then the stock charger that comes with these tanks that don't give you any idea when they are charged. having to guess is not good for the battery. as for the charger, i like the ones that come with a external balance board. Thats just my preference.

Last edited by sgtparker01; 01-23-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:50 PM
vonTirpitz

I bit the bullet and picked up a Venom Quad Pro shortly after buying my first tanks. The instruction manual is wanting but I was able to figure it out after a day or so watching the youtube videos folks posted.

For me it has been well worth the money spent and it can keep a steady supply of batteries charged and maintained. I am very pleased with the charger although I did have to pick up two additional Deans Adapter Plugs and three additional Deans to Tamiya Adapters to use all four channels to charge. It came with a good variety of connectors, just not enough if you are only using one style of battery. Minor but potentially irritating detail.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:03 PM
sgtparker01

I also picked up this one, should work well with what i need, I always believe in a backup, its a army thing, lol.
Its a venom pro duo...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l16001.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	2197898  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:08 PM
shenlonco

Nice!
I also picked up this one, should work well with what i need, I always believe in a backup, its a army thing, lol.
Its a venom pro duo...
Old 01-23-2017, 08:29 PM
philipat

Originally Posted by vonTirpitz
I bit the bullet and picked up a Venom Quad Pro shortly after buying my first tanks. The instruction manual is wanting but I was able to figure it out after a day or so watching the youtube videos folks posted.

For me it has been well worth the money spent and it can keep a steady supply of batteries charged and maintained. I am very pleased with the charger although I did have to pick up two additional Deans Adapter Plugs and three additional Deans to Tamiya Adapters to use all four channels to charge. It came with a good variety of connectors, just not enough if you are only using one style of battery. Minor but potentially irritating detail.
Good to hear your experiences with that one. I've been considering that one to replace my old SuperBrain 977s, whose power bricks seem to be failing. Wonder if I could just use my banana-plug-to-Tamiya cables that I already have on the Venom Pro Quad (or Duo) rather than getting Deans with adapters.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:48 AM
shenlonco

Originally Posted by philipat
Good to hear your experiences with that one. I've been considering that one to replace my old SuperBrain 977s, whose power bricks seem to be failing. Wonder if I could just use my banana-plug-to-Tamiya cables that I already have on the Venom Pro Quad (or Duo) rather than getting Deans with adapters.

Hi yes you should be able to use your connectors. take a look at the chargers I linked very good for the $ also a good charger is the duratrax onyx 245 2 port charger I been using one since it came out and it works great.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:19 AM
rescue119

I still using a 989 super brain. Ya I only do one at a time but it's a great charge still. I use a blinky balancer card with it. Never had any problems.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:46 AM
vonTirpitz

The Venom accepts 4mm Banana plugs and I see no reason you couldn't use your existing cables.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:50 AM
philipat

Originally Posted by shenlonco
Hi yes you should be able to use your connectors. take a look at the chargers I linked very good for the $ also a good charger is the duratrax onyx 245 2 port charger I been using one since it came out and it works great.
Good info. Thanks. Your link looks like a good charger. I want to stay with doing at least 2, preferably more, batteries at a time. Got more than one tank...for family outings...need to charge multiple batteries at a time.

Originally Posted by rescue119
I still using a 989 super brain. Ya I only do one at a time but it's a great charge still. I use a blinky balancer card with it. Never had any problems.
I like my SuperBrain and it still works in DC mode, just not on AC current (redundant, I know). But, if I'm going to have to spend money on charging, I'm leaning towards getting more capacity with built-in lithium and nickel battery capabilities.

Originally Posted by vonTirpitz
The Venom accepts 4mm Banana plugs and I see no reason you couldn't use your existing cables.
Cool...that's what I was thinking. Wanted to double-check. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:00 PM
shenlonco

they got chargers that do 4 packs of any type at once, they have ones ware you use a power supply to power them or ones with built in power supply but they are a pretty penny.

Good info. Thanks. Your link looks like a good charger. I want to stay with doing at least 2, preferably more, batteries at a time. Got more than one tank...for family outings...need to charge multiple batteries at a time.

I like my SuperBrain and it still works in DC mode, just not on AC current (redundant, I know). But, if I'm going to have to spend money on charging, I'm leaning towards getting more capacity with built-in lithium and nickel battery capabilities.

Cool...that's what I was thinking. Wanted to double-check. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:14 AM
philipat

Yea, they can get expensive. But, might be worth it...still debating the purchase right now.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 AM
shenlonco

Yea, they can get expensive. But, might be worth it...still debating the purchase right now.
if you want a x4 charger I think dynamite and hitec RC make ones with a built in power supply. and if you want to get your own power supply a lot of companies make just the X4 chargers that you can hook up to a power supply.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:26 AM
shenlonco

Oops two the same posts...
Old 01-25-2017, 10:41 AM
philipat

Originally Posted by shenlonco
if you want a x4 charger I think dynamite and hitec RC make ones with a built in power supply. and if you want to get your own power supply a lot of companies make just the X4 chargers that you can hook up to a power supply.
The new Venom has its own power supply. Any idea how it compares to the Dynamite or Hitec x4 chargers?
Old 01-25-2017, 11:23 AM
shenlonco

The new Venom has its own power supply. Any idea how it compares to the Dynamite or Hitec x4 chargers?

I like the dynamite X4 versions better they have 100watt X4 and 50watt X4 I like them better because they use 4 screens so you can see charging info for each pack much better all the time without selecting through one screen to see pack info, and they have a better discharge option the 100 watt is 5 amps and the 50 watt is 3 amps venom 100 watt one is only 1 amp discharge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.