Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > SimJet Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Three questions for sonic builders

Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Three questions for sonic builders

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 05:23 PM
shaunrbell
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three questions for sonic builders

Figure this is better to ask questions here than email, just in case someone else was thinking the same thing. Ok, here they are:

1 I removed the fuel filter that was attached to the Flightworks pump and installed it under the front cover of the turbine. Is it a good idea to run another (same type?) filter before the pump?

2 How far should the bendix housing be from the starter nut?

3 How do you keep the temp. probe inserted into the nozzle? Are you supposed bend it further so as to hook itself to the nozzle or use and external clamp?

Thanks,
Shaun
Old 01-12-2004, 08:48 AM
KevinM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Three questions for sonic builders

Hi Shaun,

ORIGINAL: shaunrbell
1 I removed the fuel filter that was attached to the Flightworks pump and installed it under the front cover of the turbine. Is it a good idea to run another (same type?) filter before the pump?
Please put that filter back on the pump. There is a separate filter to go under the blue cover, both are required.

2 How far should the bendix housing be from the starter nut?
The bendix should be about 3/32" back from the compressor nut. You can find this depth by pushing the starter as far in as it will go, then pull it back by about 3/32".

3 How do you keep the temp. probe inserted into the nozzle? Are you supposed bend it further so as to hook itself to the nozzle or use and external clamp?
Generally the T/Cs can be made to stay put by carefully hooking the probe. (The bend doesn't need to be much beyond 90deg.) Be very careful when doing this- use the rounded part of a screwdriver or a 1/4" dia piece of brass tube as a bending guide to prevent kinking the T/C. Alternatively, you can make a little holding tab from a steel landing gear strap, secured under one of the tail cone screws.

Also, to answer your phone question about the RPM board the one shown in the manual is an older design. The one you have should be installed without the fiber washers and incorporates the ground lead into the circuit card traces.