Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Starter Motor O-Ring

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 08:56 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Starter Motor O-Ring

What size is the O-ring for the starter unit on the SJ 1200AES? I have had about 10 starts and the book said I should replace this at 15, so I would like to start trying to find one. Also how hard is it to change this O-ring?
Tommy
Old 05-26-2003, 09:09 PM
rcav8tr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter O-ring

Hi Tommy

We have the o-rings in stock and can send you some. Changing the o-ring is quite simple:

1) Unscrew the front cover of the starter housing and slide it a little ways down the starter cable.
2) Take a black marker and put a mark on the motor, at the edge of one of the starter housing tangs. This is an easy way to ensure that after you change the o-ring, you can easily set the starter back to the same depth.
3) Remove the starter motor from the housing.
4) Using a small pick or flat screw driver, gently roll the o-ring out of the end of the bendix housing. If you don't have a spare oring handy, you can flip the o-ring over and get a few more starts out of it before needing to replace it.
5) Re-insert the motor into the housing, being careful to line up the marks you made in step 2).
6) Screw the front cover back on the housing.

That's it.

Ed
Old 05-27-2003, 11:23 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds pretty simple. When is a good time to call you and get some of these O-rings? BTW, wanted to let you know I solved the problem I was having and am now ablet os start my motor with the onboard tank. Thanks for your help.
TOmmy
Old 05-27-2003, 12:07 PM
rcav8tr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tommy

Please check your PM for numbers and times.

Glad to hear that you got the onboard start setup working.

Sincerely,
Ed