Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Set up question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
chumwithrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set up question

What would I need to run a dual Futaba R617FS set up in a 35% plane that already has a kill switch? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Set up question

Hi,
Are you asking about PowerExpanders or PowerSystems? None of our systems are built for dual receivers so you would either have to run two systems or run dual receivers on one of our systems. I am not sure which way you would want to go.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
chumwithrum

I'm just exploring the available options. Based on what I saw on the website, I got the impression that regardless of which way I went, I'd need to get two of them. Don't know if this will help, but I plan on using this plane for IMAC.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:07 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
Well, you could go with two PowerExpander Sports as a very basic configuration. Not sure about the batteries you want to run. This would provide you with the power distribution but no servo regulation so it would work for 5-cell NiMH, A123 or straight lithiums if you servos can handle that. You could also go with two PowerSystem Sports, these have regulators for the lithium batteries. Let me know if this is getting you closer.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
flightstick

Keep it simple,

I turbo regulator with dual batteries, running two Fasst 7 channel receivers works fine for me in a 35% plane, no issues. Have plane split down the middle..