Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

EQ6 set up questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:13 AM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EQ6 set up questions

I have installed an EQ 6 Power Expander in a 100cc MX2. I am ready to start setting up the servos for the ailerons. My questions are, 1. Does it have to be calibrated. 2. Should all the servos be unplugged while calibrating. 3. I am using 2 Life Batteries of 3200 mah each. With a nominal voltage of 6.6 volts will the default setting on the voltage regulator work with those batteries or does that have to be set to those batteries and what voltage should it be set to. 5. I have never used the EQ6 before, are there any pitfalls I should know about or things I shouldn't do. I am using Hitec 7955 servos throughout the plane with two on each aileron. Thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: EQ6 set up questions

Hi,
1) You can skip calibration. Basically calibration sets the units internal neutral point to what the transmitter is outputting for neutral. Ideally this would be 1.5msec but never is exactly. The only time this will affect you is if you reverse a servo it will jump off center and you will have to readjust the servo's center and endpoints.
2) Does not matter, the servos are turned off during calibration
3) With LiFe you can set the output voltage to anything between 5.5V (default) and 6.0V
4) With Hitec servos the optional "priority mode" does not work so when you have two ganged servos, you should plug in A by itself, adjust center and endpoints and then keep A plugged in and plug in B and match B to A.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:44 AM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: EQ6 set up questions

Thanks so much for the info and quick reply. Gary