Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

EQ6 Ign Question

I am using an Airtronics 10 channel reciever with the EQ6 and am using channels 2 thru 7 of the EQ6 for control surfaces. Both of the battery power plugs are used in channels 9 an 10of the reciever. I am confused on where to assign the igniton cut off to. Can I move one of the control surfaces to channel 1 or 8 on the EQ6 which means plugging one of the power plugs into an aux channel. I thought I read not to do that in the instructions. I don't want to burn anything out. Is it possible to assign one of the control surfaces to channel 1 or 8 of the EQ6. Thanks in advance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EQ6 Ign Question

Hi,
    Channels 1 and 8 are not just power plugs they are channels 1 and 8. What kind of receiver do you have and I can tell you how to hook the receiver to the Eq6.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Thanks for the reply. The reciever I am using is the Airtronics SD10G. Sorry but the electronics part of the plane is not my strong suit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, you named a receiver I am not familiar with. So, the natural way to hook up the Eq6 is to start with channel 1 of the Eq6 into Servo channel 1 of the receiver. Then just go down the line in order. Channel 8 of the Eq6 would plug into channel 8 of the receiver.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, I looked up the Airtronics stuff. This is how I would recommend you hook up the Eq6 connections to the receiver:
    Eq6 -> Receiver (function)
    Ch1 -> Ch3 (Throttle)
    Ch2 -> Ch1 (Elevator)
    Ch3 -> Ch2 (L Aileron
    Ch4 -> Ch4 (Rudder)
    Ch5 -> Ch5 (Gear)
    Ch6 -> Ch6 (R Aileron)
    Ch7 -> Ch7 or Ch10 (Aux)
    Ch8 -> Ch8 or Ch9 (Aux)
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Ok tell me what I'm doing wrong. I assigned the Ign cut off to channel 5 by turning the function switch to #2 and rotated the channel switch to channel 5. Held down incr and decr and turned on power to the EQ6. The led at channel 5 started to blink. At that point I turned off the EQ6 and set the switches back to 0. I set my radio to use the gear switch which is channel 5. The radio is acknowledging the switch because it has an led that goes on and off in the programming when the switch is operated for channel 5. The Green led on the EQ6 does not light. I only get a blip of light on the red outside led when the EQ6 is powered up. I am assuming the EQ6 does this internally because there is nothing plugged into the output of the EQ6 on channel 5. Can you help?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    You are not entering the "Options Menu" first. All options, End-point Hold, Priority, Cutoff channel, are assigned inside the special "Options Menu". To get into the Options Menu:
    1) Unit must be off
    2) Function Selector to position 9
    3) Channel can be on any channel between 2-7 (not 0,1). In your case you might as well set it #5
    4) Hold both push buttons all the way down, keep them held down while you power the unit on, release them when the LED by channel 5 starts blinking
    5) Turn the function select COUNTER-CLOCKWISE (do not go through 0) to #2 (when you are on 8 ALL the LEDs should blink, this is a way to verify you are in the Options Menu)
    6) Push both push buttons and wait for the LED to move to channel 5 (it will start on channel 6 when enter function 2)
    7) Return the function to 0 to exit the Options Menu. The Cutoff Tx LED should not respond to your transmitter.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

It is working now should I leave the channel switch on channel 5? Thank you for for patience. I have the the optical cut off switches on 5 other 50cc planes and I love them, but they are plugged into the reciever. This is the first EQ6 I have used and it made me mental trying to get it to work. Thanks again for your help. Gary

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Gary,
    It does not matter where the channel switch is as long as the function is on zero for normal run (flying) mode. I am probably going to go to jumper on the Eq6 if and when I have to change it.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Robert, I have to tell you, no one does the customer service that you do, I mean no one. In this day and age everyone tries to side step and keep running once they have your money, but with the dedication you have you can't do anything but succeed. I will always remain a customer of yours. Thanks once again for your help. Gary

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem Gary.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com