Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Equalizer II

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 12:14 AM
jnjong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equalizer II

Hi, trying to setup my Eq II on my biplane. One servo per aileron control surface.

Should I use the second option in the manual similar to Elevator surface or the third option? Does all three options ensure servo matching?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:19 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Equalizer II

Hi,
If you have one servo per aileron and are trying to put both ailerons on one receiver channel then the spit elevator is the closest to what you want.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
jnjong

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

Hi,
If you have one servo per aileron and are trying to put both ailerons on one receiver channel then the spit elevator is the closest to what you want.
Thanks.

I setup the OPTION MENU and proceeded to set up the servo A and B.

1. Should I perform the setup Servo A and Servo B on the jig or directly at the wing surface?

2. The Servo Gauge - Should the servo arm pointing parallel inside the Optimal area or at the last optimal edge?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
You do not need to go into the option menu unless you want to set end-point hold. When you start to actually
adjust the servos, start with function on zero (0). You want to use your mechanical linkage to get the travels
as close to what you want on high-rates as possible. Then use the Equalizer to tweak the positions. The
"optimal" position is the most travel you want the servo to use. For the most part, just set the servos in the
wing.