Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

eq10

Old 06-01-2011, 01:30 AM
scottkieper
My Feedback: (10)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default eq10

whats wrong???????? when i turn on flap and flaps come out only on the left wing im have a problem, is when it move out all the way it will pull in a little like the servo went free[ like no power and then it has power] thanks scott
Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: eq10

Are these JR servos? If so, if you try to use too much adjustment (full servo travel in transmitter and a lot of Eq10 adjustments) you go past where the servo can handle and it acts funny. It goes dead in one direction and tries to go way too far in the other direction. You should never use full transmitter travel when also using a servo adjusting device (Matchbox, Equalizer, Eq10).
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM
scottkieper
My Feedback: (10)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yes, they are jr servo..... yes thats what it does. so there is to much end point travel...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, back off your transmitter travel 10% from maximum. Reset the Eq10 channel. Get your mechanical linkage setup so that you get very close to your intended travel without using the Eq10 and max-10% of your transmitter travel. Only use the Eq10 to tweak your travel, not make major adjustments. You plane should be setup mechanically correct before you start doing electronic adjustments.