Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: BEC usage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BEC usage

I have a Power Expander Sport Plus that I am trying to use with a BEC on the ignition, to eliminate a seperate battery. I am not using the optical system on the Sport Plus, but using the BEC to power the ignition. I have it plugged in to the E (gear) channel. I am not able to shut of the ignition with the gear switch. It seems to be powered at all times. Using a JR 9303 transmitter. Have I missed something in setting this up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: BEC usage

HI,
    Sorry, but I do not endorse this type of arrangement where you power the ignition from the system power. I really don't know anything about your BEC so I have no idea why its not working. I would really suggest you re-think the idea of not using a separate ignition battery unless your plane is worth less than the battery. Mine certainly are not.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: BEC usage

Okay, thanks for the opinion and advice. I will go back to a seperate battery and use the optical system on the Sport Plus.