Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

BEC usage

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 AM
vanguard
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEC usage

I have a Power Expander Sport Plus that I am trying to use with a BEC on the ignition, to eliminate a seperate battery. I am not using the optical system on the Sport Plus, but using the BEC to power the ignition. I have it plugged in to the E (gear) channel. I am not able to shut of the ignition with the gear switch. It seems to be powered at all times. Using a JR 9303 transmitter. Have I missed something in setting this up?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: BEC usage

HI,
Sorry, but I do not endorse this type of arrangement where you power the ignition from the system power. I really don't know anything about your BEC so I have no idea why its not working. I would really suggest you re-think the idea of not using a separate ignition battery unless your plane is worth less than the battery. Mine certainly are not.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 AM
vanguard
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: BEC usage

Okay, thanks for the opinion and advice. I will go back to a seperate battery and use the optical system on the Sport Plus.