Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Ferrite Toroids

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ferrite Toroids

Robert, I plan to use an Eq6 Turbo in my 110" CARF Corsair and the plane is full of C/F everywhere. Several servo leads are plus 36" long.

So the Question for you is,,, Is the use of ferrite toroids going to effect the operations of the Eq6 turbo?,,, AND/OR are they necessary when using an Eq6 Turbo in a plane thats full of C/F?

thanks, BV
Old 07-21-2011, 01:56 PM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ferrite Toroids

Hi Bill,
I don't see why you should need them. The toroids dampen signals in the leads, they are only needed when you have noisy drivers and these interfere with the radio. We have people using our equipment running 60" leads in jets with no problems all the time. I would be more worried about your radio antenna placements.