Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Powersystem SportPlus and Futaba R6008HS

Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
edagach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powersystem SportPlus and Futaba R6008HS

Hi Robert, planning to use the Powersystem SportPlus into a 80'span Twin Otter along with Futaba R6008HS 8ch reciever, and 10C transmitter. Though it's not that heavy plane neither has multiple servos per surface, I'd like to have rendundancy and good power distribution thru its 10 servos.

Questions are:
1) How do i get out 8 servos output thru the R6008hs; not very familiarized with this reciever.
2) Engines are glow, can i use the onboard Ignition Cutoff output to plug directly on/off Scale Lighting?
3) With the following sequence:

lipo+swith hd +PSP
lipo+swith hd

can i charge both lipos thru its balance plug using 2 different chargers?

Thanks,
Etham.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Powersystem SportPlus and Futaba R6008HS

Hi Etham,
Please see below for answers.

ORIGINAL: edagach

Hi Robert, planning to use the Powersystem SportPlus into a 80'span Twin Otter along with Futaba R6008HS 8ch reciever, and 10C transmitter. Though it's not that heavy plane neither has multiple servos per surface, I'd like to have rendundancy and good power distribution thru its 10 servos.

Questions are:
1) How do i get out 8 servos output thru the R6008hs; not very familiarized with this reciever.
Not quite sure what you mean? The PowerSystem Sport Plus has 8 channels so you would just plug channels 1-8 into the receiver channels 1-8.

2) Engines are glow, can i use the onboard Ignition Cutoff output to plug directly on/off Scale Lighting?
Yes, the Cutoff is basically a switch. It can handle quite a bit of current, your limiting factor is really the connectors.

3) With the following sequence:

lipo+swith hd +PSP
lipo+swith hd

can i charge both lipos thru its balance plug using 2 different chargers?
No, you still have a common ground. You can never charge both batteries, with a dual-charger or 2 chargers, when they are plugged into the system. You have to break the circuit and the only way to do that is unplug a battery.

Thanks,
Etham.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:02 PM
edagach

Thanks for the speedy answering.

Seems that the 8ch futaba reciever R6008hs has 1-7ch pins, and individual pin for battery and no 8th channel slot. Any thoughts?
Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
Yes, the 8th channel and the battery port are shared. Even thought its also marked battery the 8th channel is primarily a channel. This is your 8th channel.