Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Comp Arf Pitts setup

Robert

could you give me your suggestion on which power expander to use on my new Pitts.

Thanks

Ron
    18 MZ Jetcat Moki CompArf H9 BVM Skymaster

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Comp Arf Pitts setup

Hi Ron,
    I need a lot more information. I am not familiar with all the planes so I don't know how big this is. I don't know what kind of batteries you want to run and if you want the servos regulated or unregulated. I also don't know the radio you are using, my suggestion might be different for a 12-channel radio than a radio with less channels. I also don't know if you are looking for servo matching in the unit or will do that some other way. If you can provide me more information I can narrow down your choices.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sure

CompArf Pitts biplane-2 servos in each wing panel for a total of eight digital servos. Moki 250 radial engine, 2 digital servos for the elevator and 2 digitals for the rudder. I use Fromeco relions almost exclusively in all my big planes. Plane will all-up at around 44 lbs. All radio equipment is Futaba. 10 channel 2.4. prob need to regulate the servos at 6v. Want to use Futaba 9156 servos throughout. Also like to use gas engine kill switch.

Thanks

Ron
    18 MZ Jetcat Moki CompArf H9 BVM Skymaster

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Ron,
    In this size plane with the equipment you have and the setup you want I think you will have to pair a PowerExpander Eq10 with a TurboReg. The Eq10 is the only unit that can support 8 aileron servos. You would then have to add the single receiver Ignition Cutoff to this. Let me know if you have more questions.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com