Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SMART-FLY TURBO REGULATOR

YOUR HELP WOULD APPRECIATED. JUST PURCHASED A TURBO REGULATOR. THE STORE DID NOT HAVE THE PIN SWITCH OR THE SWITCH THAT TURNS THE REGULATOR ON OR OFF. WOULD YOU EXPLAIN HOW THE PIN SWITCH WORKS. I.E. WHICH OF THE WIRES DOES IT CONNECT OR DISCONNECT. THIS WILL ALLOW ME TO MAKE A SWITCH FOR THE REGULATOR SO THAT I CAN FINISH THE INSTALLATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

SNOOPY.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SMART-FLY TURBO REGULATOR

Signal wire is shorted to ground wire to turn the unit off.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you for the answer. After reading all the info for the turbo regulator. I have a question, Fly once a week. Two 2000 mAh batteries connected to the turbo regulator. Would you use the pin switch or would you use 2 of your HD switches to turn the system on and off.

Snoopy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Snoopy
    [font=''Arial''][/font]
    Thank you for the answer. After reading all the info for the turbo regulator. I have a question, Fly once a week. Two 2000 mAh batteries connected to the turbo regulator. Would you use the pin switch or would you use 2 of your HD switches to turn the system on and off.
    Snoopy
    Either is fine. Current dawn due to the failsafe switch is about 70mAH per week per pack. Your self-discharge of NiMH packs is pretty high, maybe comparable.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I apologize but have a second question after reading some of your answers in other areas about charging 2 batteries on one system. If I go with the pin system, and have two batteries, each battery has its own pig tail for charging at the battery so that we can do a balanced charge, can this be done if i charge one battery at a time with the main power feeds still connected to the turbo charger. will i get any cross talk through the regulator or any other strange things going on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Snoopy
    I apologize but have a second question after reading some of your answers in other areas about charging 2 batteries on one system. If I go with the pin system, and have two batteries, each battery has its own pig tail for charging at the battery so that we can do a balanced charge, can this be done if i charge one battery at a time with the main power feeds still connected to the turbo charger. will i get any cross talk through the regulator or any other strange things going on.
    Hi, if you leave both batteries connected to the regulator you can only charge one battery at a time. Even if you ran two batteries through two switches into one receiver you could only charge one battery at a time. This is an issue with the way chargers are made. If you charge one battery at a time it will charge normally.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com