Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2 different mAh batteries?

Hi,
    I have a Smart-Fly Sport and I am am replacing a bad battery. My question is can I have a 2400mAh battery connected as well as a 4200mAh battery? Will the difference cause any issues? These are both 6v batteries.
    I do have a 2nd 2400 mAh pack I could put it but I would like to use the 4200 pack.
    Thanks!!
    Anthony
    WACO Brother #30 Cub Brother #17
    It's not the hours you put in It's what you put into the hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2 different mAh batteries?

ORIGINAL: WacoNut
    Hi,
    I have a Smart-Fly Sport and I am am replacing a bad battery. My question is can I have a 2400mAh battery connected as well as a 4200mAh battery? Will the difference cause any issues? These are both 6v batteries.
    I do have a 2nd 2400 mAh pack I could put it but I would like to use the 4200 pack.
    Thanks!!
    Anthony
    Is this a Sport (Deans) or a Sport Plus (standard connector)? The Sport does not have a BatShare in it so your two packs are essentially shorted together. That said, when you wire two packs in parallel the voltages of the two packs will stay the same which means the number of milliamps "should" come down proportionally. This means ideally when the 4200 is half gone the 2400 will be half gone. This will not quite be the case because the impedance of the two packs will be somewhat different. The only real caution I have is that if you loose the 4200 pack then the 2400 pack will be pretty low.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2 different mAh batteries?

Thanks,
    I am going to swap batteries with another plane and put 2 4200 mAh packs in the 1/3 Waco and drop down to 1 2400 mAh pack in my 1/3 Cub. The Waco uses alot more power than the Cub. I always peak charge after a couple flight anyhow.
    Thanks Again!!
    Anthony
    WACO Brother #30 Cub Brother #17
    It's not the hours you put in It's what you put into the hours.