Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

2 different mAh batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 2 different mAh batteries?

Hi,
I have a Smart-Fly Sport and I am am replacing a bad battery. My question is can I have a 2400mAh battery connected as well as a 4200mAh battery? Will the difference cause any issues? These are both 6v batteries.
I do have a 2nd 2400 mAh pack I could put it but I would like to use the 4200 pack.
Thanks!!
Anthony
Old 05-09-2012, 12:45 PM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 different mAh batteries?

ORIGINAL: WacoNut
Hi,
I have a Smart-Fly Sport and I am am replacing a bad battery. My question is can I have a 2400mAh battery connected as well as a 4200mAh battery? Will the difference cause any issues? These are both 6v batteries.
I do have a 2nd 2400 mAh pack I could put it but I would like to use the 4200 pack.
Thanks!!
Anthony
Is this a Sport (Deans) or a Sport Plus (standard connector)? The Sport does not have a BatShare in it so your two packs are essentially shorted together. That said, when you wire two packs in parallel the voltages of the two packs will stay the same which means the number of milliamps "should" come down proportionally. This means ideally when the 4200 is half gone the 2400 will be half gone. This will not quite be the case because the impedance of the two packs will be somewhat different. The only real caution I have is that if you loose the 4200 pack then the 2400 pack will be pretty low.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: 2 different mAh batteries?

Thanks,
I am going to swap batteries with another plane and put 2 4200 mAh packs in the 1/3 Waco and drop down to 1 2400 mAh pack in my 1/3 Cub. The Waco uses alot more power than the Cub. I always peak charge after a couple flight anyhow.
Thanks Again!!
Anthony