Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Equalizer II Question.....>>>

I am preparing my 30cc MX2 for it's maiden tomorrow. I noticed something odd on my elevators. I have the Equalizer II in place and followed the set-up instructions.

When you run the elevators to full deflection and release they return to center at what appears to be different rates. I have Hitec 5645 servos and I have the linkage about as perfectly identical on each side. The elevators travel in the "powered" direction equally, just when you let the stick return to center it seems that the elevators return as different speeds/rates?

Now they both have the EPA set to match perfectly and they both center evenly as well. Just on the return trip to center from full up or full down, they seem to have some differential on the return speed.

Any ideas guys?
    Taz Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Equalizer II Question.....>>>

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

I am preparing my 30cc MX2 for it's maiden tomorrow. I noticed something odd on my elevators. I have the Equalizer II in place and followed the set-up instructions.

When you run the elevators to full deflection and release they return to center at what appears to be different rates. I have Hitec 5645 servos and I have the linkage about as perfectly identical on each side. The elevators travel in the ''powered'' direction equally, just when you let the stick return to center it seems that the elevators return as different speeds/rates?

Now they both have the EPA set to match perfectly and they both center evenly as well. Just on the return trip to center from full up or full down, they seem to have some differential on the return speed.

Any ideas guys?
    Hi, if they go up at the same rate then I don't see how the Equalizer could be misbehaving. I admit this is strange but it has no idea if you are going to full deflection or back to neutral.
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Equalizer II Question.....>>>

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

When you run the elevators to full deflection and release they return to center at what appears to be different rates. I have Hitec 5645 servos and I have the linkage about as perfectly identical on each side. The elevators travel in the ''powered'' direction equally, just when you let the stick return to center it seems that the elevators return as different speeds/rates?

Any ideas guys?
    Hi, if they go up at the same rate then I don't see how the Equalizer could be misbehaving. I admit this is strange but it has no idea if you are going to full deflection or back to neutral.
    Tomorrow I maiden her, so I went over everything a bunch of times. I reset the Equalizer and started over. Maybe I missed something on the initial set up. She acts fine now. Both elevator halves now reach full travel in unison and return as such.

Not sure what I did wrong the first time, but it works perfectly now.

Thanks!

Taz Hobbies