Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

FailSafe for cutoff

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
tchanter
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FailSafe for cutoff

I'm using channel 7 (a toggle switch) AR8000 - Have set the ATV on that channel to +/-150% - Bound to transmitter with that channel off and throttle at idle - The ignition cuttoff works fine BUT when I turn off the transmitter the throttle returns to idle the ignition remains on. Shouldn't it turn off becase of the AR8000's failsafe?? The cutoff is part of an EQ6...

Regards

Trey
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: FailSafe for cutoff

Hi,
Some Spektrum receivers only failsafe the throttle channel. You need to check your receiver specifications. You can also check by plugging in a servo, turning your switch to the cutoff enable position and then turn off your transmitter to see if the servo does a full rotation indicating it went to the failsafe position.

ORIGINAL: tchanter

I'm using channel 7 (a toggle switch) AR8000 - Have set the ATV on that channel to +/-150% - Bound to transmitter with that channel off and throttle at idle - The ignition cuttoff works fine BUT when I turn off the transmitter the throttle returns to idle the ignition remains on. Shouldn't it turn off becase of the AR8000's failsafe?? The cutoff is part of an EQ6...

Regards

Trey
Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
tchanter

Hmm... Will check tomorrow AM - thanks for the prompt reply!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
rrritchey

If the Cutoff is following the toggle switch then if the receiver failsafes to the off position the Cutoff HAS to turn off.

ORIGINAL: tchanter

Hmm... Will check tomorrow AM - thanks for the prompt reply!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM
tchanter

Never mind... grabbed mannual "when signal is lost the throttle channel ONLY (my emphasis) is driven to it's preset failsafe position" - Apparently I'm too use to PCM stuff...

Regards,

Trey