Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ignition cut off

Hello. I purchased a Smartfly Opto ignition cut off last November. I installed it in my Staggerwing Beech. Every thing works fine except for one thing. The ignition doesn't cut off when the tx signal is lost. Hope you can help me on this.

KCKRCER

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Ignition cut off

Hi,
    You have to set the failsafe on your transmitter channel to turn off the Cutoff when you
    turn off your radio. The Cutoff has no way of knowing if your transmitter is on or off
    if you do not set your failsafe correctly.

ORIGINAL: kckrcer

Hello. I purchased a Smartfly Opto ignition cut off last November. I installed it in my Staggerwing Beech. Every thing works fine except for one thing. The ignition doesn't cut off when the tx signal is lost. Hope you can help me on this.

KCKRCER
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ah there's the rub. I forgot to put in the other part of my situation. I am flying with a Fut. 9-C Super with a add on 2.4 module. In order for 2.4 to work you have to use PPM mode. To have fail safe you must be in PCM mode. So it would appear I can't have ignition cut off at loss of signal with this rig. Do the new radios now have failsafe on 2.4?

Thanks for replying.

KCKRCER

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    The new 2.4 Futaba radios set failsafe just like the PCM radios in the transmitter except for
    some of the low channel receivers which only failsafe the throttle but they are typically
    park flyer type receivers.

ORIGINAL: kckrcer

Ah there's the rub. I forgot to put in the other part of my situation. I am flying with a Fut. 9-C Super with a add on 2.4 module. In order for 2.4 to work you have to use PPM mode. To have fail safe you must be in PCM mode. So it would appear I can't have ignition cut off at loss of signal with this rig. Do the new radios now have failsafe on 2.4?

Thanks for replying.

KCKRCER
    Robert Ritchey
    Owner, Smart-Fly
    www.Smart-Fly.com