Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Ignition cut off

Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM
kckrcer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Ignition cut off

Hello. I purchased a Smartfly Opto ignition cut off last November. I installed it in my Staggerwing Beech. Every thing works fine except for one thing. The ignition doesn't cut off when the tx signal is lost. Hope you can help me on this.

KCKRCER
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 AM
rrritchey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Ignition cut off

Hi,
You have to set the failsafe on your transmitter channel to turn off the Cutoff when you
turn off your radio. The Cutoff has no way of knowing if your transmitter is on or off
if you do not set your failsafe correctly.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: kckrcer

Hello. I purchased a Smartfly Opto ignition cut off last November. I installed it in my Staggerwing Beech. Every thing works fine except for one thing. The ignition doesn't cut off when the tx signal is lost. Hope you can help me on this.

KCKRCER
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 PM
kckrcer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ah there's the rub. I forgot to put in the other part of my situation. I am flying with a Fut. 9-C Super with a add on 2.4 module. In order for 2.4 to work you have to use PPM mode. To have fail safe you must be in PCM mode. So it would appear I can't have ignition cut off at loss of signal with this rig. Do the new radios now have failsafe on 2.4?

Thanks for replying.

KCKRCER
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 AM
rrritchey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,
The new 2.4 Futaba radios set failsafe just like the PCM radios in the transmitter except for
some of the low channel receivers which only failsafe the throttle but they are typically
park flyer type receivers.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: kckrcer

Ah there's the rub. I forgot to put in the other part of my situation. I am flying with a Fut. 9-C Super with a add on 2.4 module. In order for 2.4 to work you have to use PPM mode. To have fail safe you must be in PCM mode. So it would appear I can't have ignition cut off at loss of signal with this rig. Do the new radios now have failsafe on 2.4?

Thanks for replying.

KCKRCER

Search this Thread