Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

New to Smart Fly products, need advice on a system for my 50cc, 27% Pitts Python!

Old 07-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Thunderthud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Smart Fly products, need advice on a system for my 50cc, 27% Pitts Python!

Hello, I've starting to build my Pitts and want to have a good power and redundancy in my radio setup. I'm new to using smart fly but have heard nothing but wonderful things about it and see many major competitors using it in there planes. I'm building it for sport and have no intentions of competing. The plane : 27% Kangke Pitts Python , Bi-plane. Radio is a Futaba 9c converted to 2.4 ghz FASST, with a R6008HS receiver. For servo's I'm using one Hitec HS-5645mg digital on each aileron totaling four, 2 on the right and 2 on the left wings, Two on the elevator, on right half and one left half, and one Hitech rudder tray servo HS-7956SHR. Engine will be a DLE-55RA with there electronic ignition. I also want to put an electronic cut off switch on it too. Would I need servo equalizers on the aileron servos right and left and elevator servos right and left or will a smart fly power system take care of my needs and if so which system. I have been trying to familiarize my self with your products. Also looking for battery redundancy and running 6 volt system should be adequate. Looking for ideas as to what "Smart-Fly" system to use!

Thanks for your time,

Joe

Last edited by Thunderthud1; 07-30-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been there, done that, still doing it-see pics. I also like and use Smart-Fly products, very well thought out. But keep it simple and only get what is needed, more makes no difference in this regard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	17.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	702.1 KB
ID:	2014235   Click image for larger version

Name:	211.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	2014236  
Old 07-14-2014, 04:10 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might also consider moving this to a build forum and show what you are doing.

Last edited by acerc; 07-14-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Thunderthud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ace, nice Pics of your Pitts. I need Ideas as to what "Smart-Fly" product to buys to suit my aircrafts radio needs.

Thanks again.

P.S. I will try to post pics, but I'm already half way into the build.

Last edited by Thunderthud1; 07-30-2014 at 07:34 AM.