Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Power Expander

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:01 PM
FLYNCAPS
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Expander

I need to know if I can use two Rx battery packs & two switches with the Power Expander. Is the Power Expander being shipped now? Thanks, Tony
Old 11-21-2004, 12:19 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Power Expander

Tony,
It kind of depends. The PowerExpander does not have any diode protection between the two Deans connectors, they are essentially wired in parallel. The Deans are one male and one female. If you are running NiCd or NiMH and are comfortable having two packs plugged together with no protection between then then you can can do this. You would just have to wire up one switch with a male and one with a female. If you are running lithium packs with regulators then you could also hook both regulators into the unit but you will probably not get good sharing between the batteries because regulators do not always share equally in the load. We do offer the BatShareHD for hooking up two batteries with diode protection to the unit. Please let me know if I can answer anything I did not here. Thank you.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:19 PM
FLYNCAPS

Robert , thanks for the quick reply. Is the Power Expander available now? Thanks, Tony
Old 11-21-2004, 03:53 PM
rrritchey

Tony,
Sorry, I forgot that. Yes, it is shipping now.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:39 AM
FLYNCAPS

Thanks for the reply Robert I got one ordered. Tony