Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Optical Kill Switch battery charging?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 11:19 AM
BRYAN01601
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optical Kill Switch battery charging?

I want to hook up my battery through a switch with a charging port just as an extra precation, however will I be able to charge the battery through the switch or will I have to disconnect the battery from the fiber optic reciever and charge???
Old 05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Optical Kill Switch battery charging?

Hi,
The fiber-optic receiver should go between your mechanical on/off switch and your ignition unit. The battery should connect to the switch. If you use a DSC switch you should have no problem charging your battery. Please let me know if I did not answer your question completely. I may have misunderstood something. Thanks,
Old 06-27-2005, 09:05 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

If you use the electronic cut off, can you eliminate the regular charge switch all together? Then just unplug the batt to charge it?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:13 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
You can eliminate the mechanical switch but the unit will draw a slight amount of power when off so if you should disconnect the battery at the end of the day of flying. To charge you would just disconnect the battery as you say. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:17 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks, I have your cut off and LOVE it, but I was wondering why I was running two switches! BTW, I see you are out of stock and I'm having my nephew buy one of these this week so I guess we'll see if Troy Built has any.

Thanks for great products.