Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Equalizer 3D

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:19 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equalizer 3D

I am having a tough time setting up the rudder servos on my 35%er. I reset the equalizer and calibrated it like the instructions say. Next I tried to set the center and endpoints of each of the servos. I got one servo centered properly, but I couldnt figure out the endpoints and I couldnt figure out how to setup the other servoI have read the instructions, but they seem a little confusing to me. If someone could help me with the proper procedure. It would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Equalizer 3D

Hi 3D,
The easiest way may be to call us and we can walk you though it, (480) 460-2652. I don't know if make any option menu changes so I will assume not. To set up the first servo's center you move the selector to 1 and then use the push-buttons to center the servo. Assuming you did not set the "Priority Mode" in the option menu, you should have your second servo unconnected at this point (Two options that are very helpful in this situation are Priority Mode where servos that have not been setup are disabled and freewheel and the Endpoint-hold Mode where the endpoints are held even when you take your hands off the transmitter sticks). To set the endpoints (without Endpoint-hold) move the stick all the way to one side and then, while holding the stick there, use the push-buttons to set your endpoint. To do the other side just move the stick in the opposite direction and do the same thing. To adjust the second servo, just move the selector to 2 and do the same thing you did for the first servo. I hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:24 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Thanks but I figured it out this evening. I guess I was just tired last night because I had brain-farts left and right. This evening I went out there, read the instructions, and I setup my rudder and both wings without a hitch in about and hour and a half. These little equalizers all but eliminated the servo buzzing throughout the sweep. Thanks again for your assistance.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:57 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Im back with another question. I was attempting to setup one of my ailerons. I held the 2 buttons while it powered it up. I had the dial on #7 so I could enter option mode. When I do so the light blinks slowly. When I move to #6 to reset the device and hold both buttons in, nothing happens. The light does not blink any faster like it did on my other equalizer. None of the other options work on this one. Is there something in particular that I need to look for. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:04 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
I don't know why this should not be working. If you can get into the menu mode it should reset. If you cannot get it to then I will send you another one out tomorrow. Please send you name and address to [email protected] and I will get that replacement going.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:10 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

I have a new problem. I sent the one that was not working back and installed the new one. I setup the wing. When the plane was finished I pluged everything up so I could set the control throws. I wiggled the ailerons a couple times and the left aileron quit moving. I looked at them and 2 of the equalizers were on but this one was not. I tried plugging it into a couple different channels just to try to get a response and I got nothing. What else do I need to look for?. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
I really don't know. We hardly ever have these things fail. I have no idea why you are having so many problems. If you cannot get the Equalizer to come on plugging it into a couple channels on the radio then it must be dead. At that point the only thing left is to send you another one if you want us to.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:31 AM
3D ONdaEDGE

I dont understand all the problems either. Unless there is a problem running JR 8611 through these equalizers into a Futaba 149dp reciever. I just glad the problem is happening on the ground and not in the air. I really do like these equalizers though. I will send this one to you first thing monday morning and let you check it out for yourself. I will follow the same process I did last time if that is the way I need to get another one. Thanks very much for the customer support. The really places the company in another class in my book. Thanks again.

Clayton
Old 06-25-2005, 08:41 AM
rrritchey

Hi Clayton,
I will try to get you out another Equalizer today. How many servos are you controlling? Is it 3? I was just thinking that if it was 2 then we might try the Equalizer II but I think I remember you saying something about running 3 servos off the Equalizer 3D. Again, sorry for the issues. One other thing. If you are running 3 8611s then it is really advisable to use the aux power input on the Equalizer instead of just trying to force all the power down the single pigtail. It mentions this in the manual.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:28 AM
3D ONdaEDGE

I knew you would ask that. No I am only running 2. I bought the 3D in case I decided to move to 40%ers in the near future, but I dont think that will happen this year anyway. The thing that gets me is I didnt even put a load on the servos. I just wiggled them back a forth a couple times and they just quit moving. After that happend I went back and checked all my extensions to make sure they were plugged in good and checked my regulators. I have 5.95V consistently comming out. I dont know what the deal is. Maybe I just got 2 bad ones out of the bunch. But like I said, I have this one shipped out Monday morning. Thanks again.

Clayton
Old 06-25-2005, 12:39 PM
rrritchey

Clayton,
I don't know either. I will send you some stuff today. Hopefully we can solve all this.