Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Turbo Regulator "DUAL SWITCH"

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Aka Bubba
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Regulator "DUAL SWITCH"

wanting to know if the turbo regulator can handle 2 switches.

What I have is as follows: I have 2 switches completely independant of each other. I need to run a regulator on both switches and I was hopeing since the turbo regulator has 2 regulators built in. If I can use my 2 switches with the turbo regulator.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:15 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Turbo Regulator "DUAL SWITCH"

Hello,
You can do that. The TurboReg has Deans UltraPlug inputs so I imagine you would have to change your switches over to Deans on their outputs.
You should note that the TurboReg is not 100% redundant. It has two transistors in it that actually regulate the output voltage but they share a common control circuit.
Please let us know if we can be of any further help.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Aka Bubba
My Feedback: (28)

I have been told that plugging two regulators into the same input device is not wise unless there outputs are very well matched.

So now I am really confused! Can you help clarify this for me. Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:06 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
You are correct, plugging two regulators into the same device will almost always result in one regulator supplying most of the current and one battery will go down faster then the other battery. For this reason the TurboReg has dual transistors regulating the current but the control circuit is common to both so that they sare current and reduce stress on the regulator overall. I hope this is clearer. Please let us know if this did not answer your question.