Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Current management for 40%

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 05:00 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current management for 40%

Hello, I am in the process of gathering up the equipment for a 40% plane. The servo arrangement will consist of 3-5955 rudder servos, 1- 5955 on each elevator and 2-5945 servo's per aileron. I am considering your battery share HD and your power expander used with 2-2700 Nimh 5 cell battery packs and 2 HD switches. Do you feel this to be adequate. Also, I would like to see your power expander come set up with 2 battery imputs diode protected to simplify things. Thanks for your thoughts on this and will consider any offered suggestions on this, Walt
Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Current management for 40%

Hello Walt,
By "HD switches" are you talking about our SuperSwitchHD or switches like the JR HD switch? The BatShareHD has two standard R/C connector inputs so it would not work with our SuperSwitchHDs. If you want to use the SuperSwitchHD then you would need our BatShare Ultra. Either way this should work fine in a 40% plane.

We designed the PowerExpander for flexibility. If we had put the diodes on-board then we would not have been able to use a regulator in front of the unit. We are working on a new design that should eliminate these issues but it will not be out until the middle to late next year.

Please let me know if I can help with any further questions.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Robert, I was waiting for you to respond first before I put in my 2 cents.

No Glo, Get the Power Expander and the SuperSwitchHD 2 Pack.
You will have to modify one SuperSwitch from a female to a male deans plug.
You can then plug both into the power expander. This works great.
You will find that you don't get a voltage drop when you use this configuration.
You can also eliminate the regulators.

My setup averages 1.8 amps over 5 flights. All my excessive voltage drops do to connections seam to have been either eliminated or greatly reduced.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Thanks guys, Walt