Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Turbo Regulator Setup question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 06:49 PM
brentp76
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Regulator Setup question

Hello, I am planning the following setup for my plane

2x fromeco 2400 7.4v packs to the smartfly turbo regulator, I am planning to run 1 reciever. so, one output to the reciever. The plane currently has 3 JR Superswitches. I plan on changing one of them to the fromeco failsafe switch. Can I plug the one of the other JR superswitches into the smartfly as well to act as a charger? so it would be

JR SS ---> turbo regulator charge jack for bat 1

Fromeco FSS --> turbo regulator failsafe jack, and charge jack for batt 2

I also have a fromeco li-ion with a smart fly HD regulator for the ignition. Can I run the JR switch to that or do I need a fromeco failsafe switch.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo Regulator Setup question

Hi,
You cannot do what you are suggesting. The failsafe switch input on the TurboReg will not work with a standard switch. The Fromeco Failsafe switch is failsafe internally but looks like a regulator switch to the rest of the system and will not work in the TurboReg failsafe switch input. I suggest you just plug your two switches between the battery and the TurboReg inputs. For the ignition just run the JR switch. You do not need any failsafe switches.