Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

regulator installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
cje0114
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default regulator installation

I was just wondering what the best method of installing the adjustable regulator. Can I wrap it in foam? Well everything except the heatsink of coarse.

What's the best, and safest way to do this?

Also,
can I leave my LiIon batteries plugged in 24/7, or should I unplug them when not using? I'm using the SF HD Switch w/ charge jack. Does that switch put any kind of drain on the battery like the failsafe switches?

Chris
Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: regulator installation

HI Chris,
You can mount by wrapping in foam as you say or you can use velcro on the back. Either way works fine. Since you are using a mechanical switch instead of the failsafe switch there is no load on the battery. Failsafe switches are the only ones that have a load on the battery in the off position.
Let me know if you have any other questions.