Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Basic Power Expander Sport Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic Power Expander Sport Setup

Setting up my AW Yak 35%.

Using (2) 2800mah Li-Ion going into Cermark DSC Switches and then from into my regulators then into the Power Expander Sport.

Seperate 2800mah Li-Ion for the Ignition.

Just a little concerned on both regulators connecting to the Power Expander Sport.

Any suggestions on this setup.

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2007, 03:42 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Basic Power Expander Sport Setup

Hi,
This will work OK as long as each regulator can handle the plane alone. You are going to get uneven battery draw because you are using two regulators, there is no way around this when using two regulators.
Please let me know if you have any more questions concerning this.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

OK, I don't like the uneven draw. What would my options be.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
rrritchey

About your only options are to use a BatShare with one of your current regulators or get a SuperReg. Either way you will be running on one regulator. One other option depending on what regulators do you have and what type of input connectors do they have. If they are single lead standard R/C plugs then you "could" use the two regulators with a BatShare (it has two outputs). The only down side to this is that you will basically still be running on one regulator but you will have the other one as a spare, so to speak, if the one doing the work fails. If you have single 22ga leads going to the PowerExpander from each regulator you are going to get a voltage drop through that wire and your servos are going to get a bit less voltage and product less torque.
Let me know if you have more questions.