Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Redundancy setup without power box?

Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redundancy setup without power box?

Hello

I am looking for a safe and redundant set up to do a miminum of 10 flights without recharging. The plane is a 35% Extra with 4x JR8411 on ailerons, 2x JR8611 for elevator, one 8711 rudder, one 8101 throtle and one JR 537 for choke. I like simple things and i do not see advantages of using power box here neither two receiver but i want battery redundancy.
Is that set up OK? If not, please propose me a better idea?

Set-up:
one Li-ion 2600mA into HD switch #1, output HD switch #1 to battshare, battshare output #1 to adjustable regulator #1, output reg #1 to batt receiver.

one 5200mA li-ion into HD switch #2, switch # 2 to battshare, battshare output #2 to adjustable regulator #2, output reg #1 to aux 4 receiver.

Will two adjustable regulators work together or only one will work on normal use? Would it better to use the super reg?

Daniel
Old 08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Redundancy setup without power box?

Hi Daniel,
For that size plane with that many servos you would see more torque from your servos with a power distribution system. That said, you are better off with the SuperReg. Regulators do not play well together. One always wants to do most of the work and the other wants to loaf. With two regulators you would experience mismatched battery drain. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Scoubidou

If i go with the super reg, do i still need the battshare if i have one 2600mA and one 5200mA without power expander?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM
rrritchey

Hi Daniel,
The SuperReg has a BatShare built in.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Scoubidou

thanks but i have couples more questions

1) The super reg has dean connectors at the inputs/outputs and the JR receiver needs JR std connectors. Assuming the JR standard connectors are 3Amp rated, how can i have have 7.5A continuous to the receiver?

2) Do the all power expanders work with spectrum 9ch JR receiver?

Daniel
Old 08-02-2007, 02:33 PM
rrritchey

Hi Daniel,
This is why I use Deans connectors on almost all my products. You would have to make some adapters for the Deans to JR plug connection to the receiver. You would have 6 amps continuous with two connectors. The 7.5 amp rating of the regulator is its maximum amp rating. Using JR plugs you cannot utilize the SuperReg to its capacity.

All the PowerExpanders work with the Spektrum receivers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.